When you try to connect to the server to play Minecraft, you may see that there is a message which says that you failed to connect to the server. In addition, the message is followed by a message saying that the server is outdated. So, what is Minecraft server outdated? Are there any reasons for this issue?
This error means that the server that you will use is not the same version as your Minecraft client. So, it requires you to switch to the same version that the server is on so that you are able to join it again. Once again, if you want to play Minecraft, your Minecraft client must match the server version. However, you do not need to be worried about this issue again since it can be fixed by yourself.
If you find an error message which says that you failed to connect to the server Outdated Server, you are able to fix it by making a profile in the launcher. How to do that? We provide you the procedure that you are able to do to fix this issue so that you will be able to play Minecraft again. Here are the steps that you are able to do to get rid of the Outdated Server message.
- The first thing that you have to do to fix this outdated server issue is to open the Minecraft Launcher.
- Then, you have to click on Installations.
- What should we do then? You have to click on New.
- Here, you have to give your profile a Name and then select the Minecraft version in the Version drop down.
- In this step, you must click on the Create button at the bottom and then click on the Play button.
- You have to use the arrow on the right of the active version to be able to change the profile.
- At last, click on the Play button.
That’s the steps to create a profile in the Minecraft Launcher so that you will be able to run the earlier version of Minecraft again.
Sometimes some problems can happen when we try to play Minecraft or when we are in the middle of playing a Minecraft game. Above, besides server issues as we explained above, you may also experience a multiplayer connection issue in Java Edition. If you face this problem, there are some solutions that you are able to do to try to fix the multiplayer connection issue. Those solutions are listed below.
- You are able to check that your network connection is enabled, and make sure that there are no programs which are blocking outgoing connections.
- You are able to try disabling any existing firewall program, or changing its configuration options.
- You are able to restart your modem/router.
- You are able to try logging out of your account. Then, you are able to log back in. It will refresh your profile’s authentication and connection with servers.
If you still face this multiplayer connection issue after trying the methods above, you are able to contact your network and/or server administrator.