When you find an error in games, you may be a little bit upset. Moreover, you may not know how to fix it. So, it is important for you to know the reason why the error can happen. And it will be better if you can know how to fix it. Now, how about Outdated Client in Minecraft? What does it mean?
Usually, an outdated client error message comes when you try to play in Minecraft Realms. What does it mean? It means that you are using an older game version. So, if you want to fix it, you have to update your game to the latest release version of Minecraft. How to change the game version? You are able to see the steps to change the game version in Minecraft below.
Before you change the game version, you need to understand one thing. If you try to play on one of your current worlds, and you try to access that world by using an older version of the game where certain features have not been added yet, you probably will irrevocably damage your world. So, it is recommended for you to back up your worlds when you are playing previous versions of snapshots. You can do it by locating and making a copy of your game files.
Now, it’s time for us to show you how to change the game version in the launcher. Here are the steps to change the game version in Minecraft.
- The first thing that you have to do to change the game version in the launcher is to click INstallations on the launcher start page.
- After that, you have to click on New so that it will bring up the Create New Installation pop up.
- In this step, you have to choose a name for the installation and select the game version in the Version drop down list.
- What do we have to do here? You have to press Create to save.
- Then, you need to press the Play button in the top menu. If you do this, it will bring you to the launcher landing page.
- At last, in the drop down menu to the left of the Play button, you are able to find your saved installation and choose it to play this version of the game.
Now, you have changed the game version of Minecraft and you will not be able to find the outdated client error message again.
According to Hitc site, this outdated client error message has stopped players on the Nintendo Switch from being able to crossplay with friends on other consoles. So, if you also find this error on your Nintendo Switch, then you are able to follow the steps above to solve this issue.
However, there are also some players who report that there are no more updates available for them to download so that they do not know what they have to do. If you are one of those who find that there are no more updates to download, then you are able to try to delete the game and then reinstall it.