In the game called Minecraft, you are able to enchant a trident with a few different enchantments. Every enchantment has a name and Id value assigned to it. You are able to use these enchantment values in the /enchant command.
Here is the list of trident enchantments for the newest version of Minecraft Java Edition 9PC or Mac).
(Minecraft ID Name)
|Max Level||Description||Minecraft ID||Version|
|Channeling||I||This one summons a lightning bolt at a targeted mob when enchanted item is thrown (targeted mob must be standing in raining)||68||1.13|
|Curse of Vanishing||I||This one cursed item will disappear after player dies||71||1.11|
|Impaling||V||This one increases attack damage against sea creatures||66||1.13|
|Loyalty||III||This one returns your weapon when it is thrown like a spear||65||1.13|
|Mending||I||This one uses XP to mend your tools, weapons and armor||70||1.9|
|Riptide||III||This one propels the player forward when enchanted item is thrown while in water or rain||67||1.13|
|Unbreaking||III||This one increases durability of item||34|
- Enchantment refers to what the enchantment is called and Minecraft ID Name is the string value used in the /enchant command.
- Max Level refers to the maximum level that you are able to apply for this enchantment.
- Description refers to the description of what the enchantment does.
- Minecraft ID refers to the internal number for the enchantment.
- Version refers to the Minecraft version number that the enchantment was introduced for the name and ID, if applicable.
How to enchant a trident? Here is the example. You are able to enchant a trident that you are holding by using the /enchant command. For instance, you are able to use the /enchant command in order to enchant the trident that the player called DigMinecraft is holding with Riptide.
/enchant DigMinecraft riptide 3
In this instance, riptide is the name of the enchantment and 3 is the level of the enchantment to add. The command will result in the trident held by DigMinecraft to be enchanted with Riptide III. This one would propel the player forward when the trident is thrown while in the rain or water.
What is the best Minecraft trident enchantment? The best Minecraft trident enchantments include:
- Impaling V: This one is only useful if you are fighting aquatic mobs a lot. If now, then you might as well not bother with it because it does not increase the damage against the land monsters.
- Loyalty III: This one is probably the best overall enchantment for the trident. When you throw your trident, this one will automatically bring it back to you. Basically, the higher the level you have on it, the faster it will return to you.
- Channeling: This one has a few niche uses but it is also very cool. What it does, is that when you hit a mob with your trident during a thunderstorm, it will strike down a lightning bolt onto the monster.
- Unbreaking III: This one can reduce the likelihood of your item having its durability reduced when used.
- Mending: This one fixes your item if it has had its durability reduced when you collect Experience Orbs.