Do you want to upload a skin for Mineshafter? You may want to do this but you face some troubles. One of the troubles which usually people face is the skin URL. They do not know where to get the skin URL. Well, we will inform you about it here.
You are able to follow the steps below to upload skin for Mineshafter and in the steps below you will also know where to get the skin URL for Mineshafter.
Preparing To Upload
There are several things that you need to know if you want to use Mineshafter. Of course, you need to download the Mineshafter Launcher and also you have to download Java. If you have downloaded them, then you are able to follow the launcher prompts to install.
Since you want to upload a skin, of course you also will need a skin. So, you have to find a skin that you want to use. There are a lot of websites that you are able to visit to be able to find different varieties of skins for your Minecraft character. If you search “Minecraft skins” on your browser, you will find a list of sites that you can evaluate yourself in terms of acceptability. There are popular sites to find skins such as www.minecraftskins.com and minecraft.novaskin.me. You can choose the skin that you like and then download it. If you want, you are also able to use a skin editor to make your own skin.
Now, you have to convert the skin file to a .png file. There is a free online service named TinyPic that you can use to convert your file into the format necessary to apply your skin. Then, you have to click Choose File and from the file directory, choose the skin that you have downloaded. Then, click on Upload Now.
In this step, you have to copy the .png file. There are some boxes and each with a line of code that represents your converted file. So, which one do we have to copy? You have to copy the one that ends in .png and it will be used by you to paste in the URL skin for uploading skin.
Uploading Skins to Mineshafter
Now, it’s time to upload your skin and you can follow the steps below.
- First, you have to login to the Mineshafter website.
- After that, you have to access the settings tab. You are able to click on the settings tab from the options which is located at the top of your browser window. Here, you are able to enter your account information and your skin .png file.
- In this step, you have to fill in your username and upload your skin. In the “Pick A Username” section, you can type the name that you want to use in game exactly as you intend it to be and then do not forget to click on Save. Then, in the “Skin URL” section, you are able to paste your skin .png file. If you have a cloak .png file, you can also input it. Make sure that you click on the Save button after completing the boxes.
- Now, you are able to open Mineshafter.
- Then, you can login with your username on Mineshafter.
According to WikiHow, it is important to create a Minecraft account even though you just use the Mineshafter service because you will need it for your Mineshafter character.