In Minecraft, you are able to use shaders. Do you know what they are? They are a feature which are able to be used for various effects in Spectator Mode when player takes the viewpoint of a mob. You are able to disable them by switching the perspective to third person view. It is important for you to know that shaders do not work on computers that do not support OpenGL 2.1, as GLSL was introduced in OpenGL 2.
Sildur’s Shaders is one of the shaders that you are able to use in Minecraft. What is Sildur’s Enhanced Default Shaders? First, let’s find out what Sildur’s Shader is. Sildur’s Shaders is an extension of the GLSL shader mod that can be used for Minecraft and now it is part of Optifine.
Sildur’s Enhanced Default is one of the features in the Sildur’s Shaders mod and it does what the name indicates. Instead of completely changing the style of the game, it will maintain the vanilla look and adds shadows, reflections and even godrays. It is very lightweight and highly customizable, so even the worst potato can run it. Enhanced Default will give full support for default Minecraft which means that things like night vision will work fine. In this feature, there are also color boost, motion blur, depth of field, distance blur, underwater shadows, reflections, cel-shading, and colored shadows.
Vibrant Shaders are another feature of Sildur’s Shaders. It completely changes the lighting system of minecraft and adds advanced effects like volumetric lighting, bloom, ambient occlusion and reflections. While it is still maintaining high performance. How about Fabulous shaders? It is a shaderpack/resourcepack that uses mojang’s inbuild shaders function and requires the fabulous setting from 1.16+ to work.
According to 9Minecraft site, here are the things that Enhanced Default will give to you.
- Default Sun path. You are able to change ingame to sun path of vibrant shaders, if using optifine for 1.8.x)
- Crossprocessing. You are able to disable ingame if using optifine for 1.8.x, if disabled colors will look the same as default MC)
- Shadows. You are able to tweak ingame if using optifine for 1.8.x)
- You will be able to see water reflections from Vibrant shaders mixed with default MC texture.
- It can work somewhat with stained glass/transparency (now, water reflections will not show up if looking through it)
Vibrant and Enhanced default are optifine shaders, supported MC version 1.7.10 – 1.16.1. If you want to download the Sildur’s Enhanced Default, you are able to visit Sildurs-Shaders site that you are able to access at sildurs-shaders.github.io or you can visit some other sites which provide it.
How to install Sildur`s Enhanced Default shaders? You are able to install it by following the steps below.
- First, you have to make sure you have Optifine installed and working correctly.
- Then, you need to download the shaders and leave it archived.
- Now, you must launch Minecraft and then go to Video Settings.
- In the ‘Shaders’ section, you have to choose ‘Shaders Folder’. The ‘shaderpacks’ folder will open, and you have to copy the shaders file there.
- After copying, you will see that the shader will appear in the list. Now, you have to click it to choose.
- Finally, you are able to start a new game or load an old one. Shaders will be able to work in all saves.