SevTech Ages is a Minecraft modpack which is packed with content and progression. This pack focuses on providing you a long-term progression experience with a purpose. This modpack introduces a number of mechanics such as dynamically hidden items and recipes based on progress, hiding ore until unlocked, new mobs appear when you progress further and many more.
You may just downloaded and installed this modpack and now you need the guide for it to use. After you enter into your new world, the first instinct which comes to your mind is telling you to punch trees, get wood. However, it will not work in SevTech: Ages.
You have to be able to craft a flint hatchet for that. You are able to start by breaking some of the tall grass and leaves around your location. You have to create a Grass Fibre Mesh with some Sticks and Plant Twine. Now, you need to sift some gravel with that, and then you have to click on a hard surface (basically any stone type blocks) with the flint in your hand to make it into a flaked flint. You have to click the flaked flint on the hard surface again and it will give you flaked flint points.
What about the controls that we can use for this? If you press L in-game, it is the default shortcut to be able to bring up the advancements window. You are able to change it in the Controls menu. How about movement and other basic gameplay functions? You are able to set it by yourself, e.g. WASD.
By default, the Auto-Jump option is disabled and it is not able to be changed. In age 1 after you make the Blood Altar, you are able to craft a special apple (Apple of Lofty Stature) to toggle it.
Since you are a beginner in using this mod, it is important for you to know some tips and tricks to use this mod. Here are some of them.
- On AMD GPUs, it will be necessary if you disable Animated Textures from Foamfix mod.
- If you are not sure what to do next, you are able to check the advancements. They can explain the progressions system well.
- If you have FPS issues, it is better for you to disable Better Foliage by pressing F8 in-game and disabling smooth font. It also can reduce the load time for the pack.
- If you do not understand how to progress through a mod, you are able to find a Mod spotlight video on it.
- You have to find a horse as soon as you can. It is because it is an essential travel companion, and it is able to work Horse Power machines. Horses mainly spawn in Warm climates.
- You can try making a buffalo by doing a totemic ceremony if you are not able to find a horse.
- When you smash rocks, if you click them and they do not break but make the noise like when you break dirt or gravel, you are able to leave it for later because it will become a sample of ore when you progress through the ages.
- You can go to Cyclic’s configs and disable stepheightdefault if Cyclic’s step assist feature is game-breaking.