Patchouli is the name of a mod that aims to provide easy to implement, data-driven documentation for Minecraft modders and mudpack makers alike. The systems of it allow any modder or mudpack maker to quickly create beautiful books full of user experience enhancing features. The user-facing feature set of the mod is designed in the aim of research done on what features people loved from the Lexica Botania of Botania.
Here is the quick list of things patchouli is able to do that you may be interested in. There are a lot of more.
- Data-driven content creation, no code required, you do not even need the code of patchouli to build
- In-game text editor
- Rich text formatting system that supports macros
- Advancement-driven content unlocking
- Nested categories and bookmarkable entries for fast and easy navigation
- A few ready-to-use page types like text, crafting and image pages
- Multiblock visualization for easy building
- Template system to make custom page types
- Seamless integration with mods, with creative tab and pretending the book is from your mod
- Custom visuals and sounds
- Easily localizable for the other languages
- A lot of other user-friendly features
Basically, Patchouli mod functions essentially to add the useful documentations for everyone from Minecraft modders to mudpack creators. This one is a library mod created by Vazkii that allows the creation of detailed in the game guide books from json files. Those are able to either be added by modpacks makers or by mods directly.
A lot of books added by Patchouli may have chapters gated behind advancements. It means that a few chapters may not be visible to all to players until they complete a particular task.
- Current developers: Vazkii
- Latest version: 1.2.33
- Latest Minecraft version: 1.15.2
- Needed for: Alchemistry, Bewitchment, Botania, Corvus, Cuisine, Deep Mob Learning, Divine Favor, Elementaristics, End: Reborn, Hearth Well, Nature’s Aura, PneumaticCraft: Repressurized, Prodigy Tech, Pyrotech, Techguns 2, The Last Smith, The Twilight Forest, Tinker’s Forging, and Universal Bestiary.
If you use Minecraft 1.12.2, then you need to find the Patchouli mod for this Minecraft version. You are able to download it on the thing called CurseForge. CurseForge is the name of a gaming website where you are able to download video game modifications and add-ons for Minecraft and the others. This one is also an authoring platform, which provides templates for building new game modifications. Each author is able to earn reward points based on how many times their modification is downloaded. The points are then able to be redeemed for certain items on the official website of CauseForge.
CurseForge is one of the most recommended sites to download Patchouli. Downloading anything here is easy. First of all, you need to open the official website of CurseForge. Then, find the one related to Patchouli. In the page of Patchouli, select Files. There are a lot of files that you are able to see. You need to find the one for Minecraft 1.12.2 by scrolling the list. Once you have found it, click the download button and the download process will be started as soon as possible.