In Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a, Minecraft is adding support for custom world settings and custom dimensions. This one is an early release to hear your feedback about this feature. Please take a note that this support is considered experimental and unsupported. Any custom world settings might change from a snapshot to another, and worlds using custom settings will be clearly marked as experimental in your worlds list.
New features in Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a
- Added the ability to switch redstone wire between a cross and a dot.
- Added import or export world settings functionality.
- Added a new disableMultiplayer command line option. When it is used, the Multiplayer button is disabled.
- Added a new disableChat command line option. When it is used, gettings and sending online chat is disabled.
- When you right click a single piece of redstone, it will toggle between the cross and the dot.
- The dot of redstone will not power its surrounding blocks.
Changes in Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a
- Piglins are not able to walk around anymore when admiring gold.
- For those who hurt a piglin while it is admiring an ingot, the ingot will now disappear.
- Increased the opportunity of ores to generate in the Basalt Detras to balance against the reduced amount of Netherrack in this biome.
- Rather than treasure, lily pads are now considered junk fishing loot.
- Updated logos for Mojang Studios and Minecraft.
- Temporarily eliminated structure settings from flat level preset strings.
Technical changes in Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a
- Added the ability to manage the height of the spreadplayers command.
- Added custom worlds and custom dimensions.
- Added experimental support for new custom worlds.
- There is an option to export world settings to a JSOn file in edit world screen.
- During world creation you are able to import previously exported world settings.
- A lot of new parameters are exposed, but marked as experimental. It means you are able to play with them, but there is no guarantee that any of them will continue working even in the next snapshot.
- Flat level preset string lost structure settings. A few form of this functionality will be restored soon.
- Buffet world is no longer be created from server.properties.
Fixed bugs in Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a
- MC-97247: Map creating sound uses equipment sound subtitle.
- MC-97507: Using item that modifies the held item displays Gear equips subtitle.
- MC-107103: Making effort to interact with entity three or more will block away without seeing its eyes only interacts client side.
- MC-113068: Zombies banging on door subtitle is known as Block broken.
- MC-123155: When any non player entity enters an End portal the obsidian platform is not generated and the entity is able to fall into the void.
- MC-147516: Hostile mobs will occasionally either stop attacking or following their target when directly beside it.
Minecraft Snapshot 20w21a is available for Minecraft Java Edition. If you want to install this, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the Installations tab. For your information, snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.