In Minecraft, you are able to make some portals such as a Nether Portal and an End Portal. These portals work where you are able to transported to another place. If you use an End portal, you will be sent to the End biome. And if you use the Nether portal, you will be transported to the Nether.
If you want to make a Nether portal, you can follow the steps below. Before making a Nether Portal, you need to know that materials that you will use including:
- 14 Obsidian
- 1 Flint and Steel
- 1 Fire Charge
Note that you can use either Flint and Steel or a Fire Charge to activate the Nether Portal.
How to make a Nether Portal?
- First, you have to build the Obisidian frame. 14 obsidian are needed to build the frame of the nether portal. The base of the portal should be 4 obisidian wide and the sides of it should be 5 obsidian high.
- Then, you have to activate the Nether Portal. You are able to use either flint and steel or a fire charge to activate it. If you want to use flint and steel, you have to choose the flint and steel in your hotbar. If you have used the flint and steel in the portal frame, you have to see that the center of the portal should glow and turn purple. It means that the nether portal is active and you are able to transport to the nether.
- To be able to use the Nether Portal, you have to jump or walk through the purple area of the Nether portal. Then, you will be transported to the nether. If you are in the nether, there will be another portal to return you to your Minecraft world.
Now, how about making an End Portal? If you want to make an End Portal, you need some materials including:
- 12 Eyes of Ender
- 12 End Portal Frames
You can follow the steps below to make an End Portal.
- You have to build the frame by using 12 end portal frames. You must put 3 end portal frames to make the first side of the portal. Then, pivot to the right and then put 3 more end portal frames to make the second side of the portal. The green tabs on the top of the end portal frames must be pointed towards the inside of the portal. Make the third side of the portal by pivoting to the right again and put 3 more end portal frames. Make sure that the green tabs on the top of the end portal frames are pointed to the inside of the portal. Now, pivot the right and put the last 3 end portal frames to be able to complete the frame of the End portal.
- After building the frame, complete the End Portal by adding the Eye of Ender. Add the 12 Eyes of Ender. When you are standing in the center of the portal, put the Eyes of Ender inside each of the end portal frame blocks. You must be careful not to add the 12th Eye of Ender while you are standing in the center of the portal since it will activate the portal and you will fall into the portal and you will be sent to the End biome. So, to add the last Eye of Ender, you have to step outside of the portal or you are able to fly a bit above the portal and then you can add the last Eye of Ender from there.