OptiFine is a mod made by sp614x. Based on the research, Optifine was designed to overhaul Minecraft’s lighting and rendering systems to increase the efficiency and detail. Besides, OptiFine is a purely client-side mod, it may crash if loaded by a server. As with all mods which intended to improve performance, there is possible for it to decrease performance. As a related point, a small number of mods using custom made rendering systems which may not work alongside OptiFine.
OptiFine is not included by default in the FTB mod package, because the creator need written permission to redistribute mod outside the forum thread or optifine.net. But, due to performance improvements in general, lots of players recommend using it in most mod packages as long as they do not cause other issues. Also, OptiFine is compatible with Fastcraft, and using it together can result in further improvements.
OptiFine HD 1.15.2 is a mod which helps you to adjust Minecraft effectively. It creates Minecraft run more smoothly. Even, it use less resources. Besides, you are able to run resource texture pack HD without installing other mods. Usually, it is able to double or triple your FPS. Simply, we are able to say that OptiFine HD 1.15.2 is a perfect choice for personal computers that want to run Mincracraft more smoothly. This an indispensible mod for those who play Minecraft with features like FPS boost, Variable Render Distance, Support HD Textures, antialiasing, Connected Textures etc.
HOW TO INSTALL
- Please ensure that you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Then, you are able to locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows, you have to open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run. If you are on mac, you are able to open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Please open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- After that, you have to place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button, now you should see the mod is installed.
Now, we are going to share some features of Minecraft OptiFine 1.15.2.
- Doubling the FPS is common.
- Decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay.
Support for HD Textures:
- HD textures and HD fonts.
- Custom terrain and the item textures.
- Animated terrain and the item textures.
- Custom HD Font character widths.
- Unlimited texture size.
- Custom colors.
- Custom block color palettes.
- Custom lighting.
Smart Advanced OpenGL
- More efficient, less artifacts.
- Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible.
- Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts.
- Fog: Fast, Fancy, Off.
- Fog start: Far, Near.
Chunk Loading Control
- Load Far: this feature loads the world chunks at distance Far. It allows fast render distance switching
- Preloaded Chunks: This defines an area in which no new chunks are going to be loaded.
- Chunk Updates per Frame: This feature allow to faster world loading.
- Dynamic Updates: This will loads more chunks per frame when the player is still standing.