You may know that if you want to use shaders, you need to have OptiFine. Now, what if we use shaders without Optifine? Is it possible? You may think that it is a little bit complicated to download and install OptiFine even though the steps are very easy. But, let’s find out the answer.
If you want to know whether it is possible to use shaders without OptiFine, the answer is no. It seems that it is impossible for you to use shaders without OptiFine. As you are able to see the steps to use shaders, in the steps you must find that using OptiFine is a must. So, you need to have OptiFine if you want to use shaders.
To use shader, first you have to download a shader that you like. In Minecraft, there are a number of shaders that you are able to use. After you download the shader that you want, then you will get it in a .zip file. Now, you have to start Minecraft with OptiFine. If you are in the Minecraft start menu, you have to press Options and then click on Video Settings and then on Shaders. You are in the shader settings now. If you want to open the shader folder to insert the shader that you have downloaded, you can click on Shaders Folder button at the bottom right. You can do this by dragging and dropping the .zip file of the shader into the folder. Then, you can close the window of the folder and the shader should be visible and selectable in the shader list on the left. If you are not able to see it, you can restart Minecraft.
OptiFine is a Minecraft optimization mod. This thing can permit Minecraft to be able to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and a lot of configuration options. A lot of features that you are able to enjoy from OptiFine such as:
- FPS boost. It can double the FPS which is common and it can decrease lag spikes and smooths gameplay.
- Support for HD Textures. There are custom colors, HD textures and HD fonts, custom terrain and item textures, custom HD font character widths, custom block color palettes, animated terrain and item textures, custom lighting, and unlimited texture size.
- Dynamic Lights. IT permits handheld and also dropped light emitting items to be able to illuminate the objects around them. It is the same but it is not related to the Dynamic Lights mod.
- Support for Shaders. It is based on the Shaders Mod by Karyonix.
- Better Grass. It can fix the grass blocks side texture to be able to match surrounding grass terrain.
- Better Snow. It can fix transparent blocks textures to be able to match surrounding snow terrain.
- and many more features.
As you are able to see that there are a lot of advantages that you are able to get if your have OptiFine. So, just download it so that you are able to use shaders that you like in Minecraft.