When you try to play Minecraft, you see that there is a message which says that you failed to connect to the outdated server. Dealing with this issue, you may be confused because you do not know the reason for this and also how to fix it.
If you see an Outdated Server message when you try to play Minecraft and connect to the server, it means that the server version does not match with your Minecraft client version. So, what do we have to do to fix it? So, you have to switch to the same version that the server is on so that you will be able to join it anymore.
How to Fix Outdated Server Error Message
You can fix this error by creating a profile in the launcher. How to do that? If you want to create a profile to be able to connect to older Minecraft version or outdated server, you can do it by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Minecraft Launcher.
- After that, you have to click on Installations.
- Then, you need to click on New.
- Here, you have to give your profile a Name and choose the Minecraft version in the Version drop down.
- In this step, you have to click on the Create button at the bottom and then click on the Play button.
- You have to use the arrow on the right of the active version to be able to change the profile.
- At last, click on the Play button.
As explained earlier that this error is caused by the server that you are trying to connect is running an earlier version of Minecraft. So, you have to follow the steps above to be able to fix this issue and then you will be able to play Minecraft on that server again.
How to Fix Outdated Client Error Message on Minecraft Realms
If we talk about outdated things, there is also an outdated client. Have you ever found this outdated client issue? If you try to play Minecraft Realms and then you see an error saying that your client is outdated, it means that you are using an older game version. If you want to fix it, you have to update your game to the recent version of Minecraft. How to change the game version to the latest version? Here are the steps that you are able to follow.
- First, click Installations on the launcher start page.
- After that, you must click on New so that it will bring up the Create New Installation pop up.
- You must choose a name for the installation and select the game version in the Version drop down list.
- Then, you have to press Create to save.
- After that, you need to press the Play button in the top menu so that it will bring you to the launcher landing page.
- At last, in the drop down menu to the left of the Play button, you can find your saved installation and choose it to play this version of the game.
Now, you have changed the game version of Minecraft and you should not be able to find the outdated client error message again.