In Minecraft, you may have to find something. One of them is slime. Slimes are bouncy hostile mobs which have cube shape. They spawn in the swamp and sometimes they are deep underground in particular chunks named slime chunks. Now, how to find a slime chunk in Minecraft? Is there a slime chunk finder for Minecraft Bedrock?
In Bedrick Edition, the slime chunk algorithm is different from in Java Edition. The algorithm does not depend on the seed of the world. So, the chunks that slimes are able to spawn naturally inhabit the similar coordinates for every world.
If you want to find slimes in Minecraft, you are able to do that by using slime finder. There are some Slime Finders that you are able to use for finding slimes. The first one is Slime Finder PE that can be accessed at depressed-pho.github.io. It is a web app that can work to visualize slime chunks in Minecraft Bedrock. So, if you use Minecraft Bedrock, then you are able to use this web app to find a slime in the game.
You are able to scroll the map with your mouse or fingers. Also, you are able to change the scale of the chunk map with a mouse wheel or by pinching. On Safari (Mac), Firefox, and Safari (iOS), the app has been tested and it is able to be buggy on other browsers. You are able to access the web app now to use it.
Another Slime Finder is Chunk Base that you are able to access at chunkbase.com. When you are in the homepage of the site, you can click on the Apps menu. When you are in the Apps page, then you can scroll down and find Slime Chunk. Click on it to access the Slime Chunk Finder page.
When you access the site, you may wonder whether this Slime Chunk Finder can work with Bedrock Edition. Well, you do not have to be sad because it can work with Bedrock Edition. If you are using Bedrock Edition, you have to make sure to choose it as the version.
What can we do if there are no slimes which spawn in our slime chunk? First, you need to know that in slime chunks, slimes spawn far less frequently than most other hostiles. So, you have to make sure that you wait long enough. You can also double check the seed that you used and also the coordinates. There are some more things that you have to consider.
- Slimes cannot spawn in mushroom island biomes.
- Slimes cannot spawn on peaceful.
- In slime chunks, slimes only can spawn on layer 39 and below.
- It is better for you to hollow out a 16×16 wide and at least 3 blocks high room inside a slime chunk to be able to maximize the rate of the spawn.
- You are able to use lighting to be able to prevent other mobs from spawning. However, do not use torches on the ground or glowstone because these blocks will be able to reduce the rate of the spawn. You are able to use Jack-O-Lanterns safely or Redstone Lamps + Redstone Blocks.