Do you know what enchantments are? In Minecraft, these are special bonuses or assets that are able to be applied to tools, armors or weapons by the use of an enchantment table. It can also use an anvil if you have enchanted books. What about an axe? It is a tool used to be able to hasten the collection of wood-based items. Also, it is able to be used as a weapon for melee attacks.
In Minecraft, you are able to enchant an axe with some different enchantments. In each enchantment, there is a name and ID value which are assigned to it. The enchantment values can be used by you in the /enchant command.
Do you want to know the list of axe enchantments for the latest version of Minecraft Java Edition? Here they are.
|Enchantment (Minecraft ID Name)||Description||Max Level||Minecraft ID||Version|
|Bane of Arthropods (bane_of_arthropods)
Curse of Vanishing (vanishing_curse)
Silk Touch (silk_touch)
|It can increase attack damage against arthropods
After the player dies, the cursed item will disappear.
It will increase how fast you can mine.
It can increase block drops from mining.
Uses XP to be able to mend your tools, weapons and armor.
It can increase attack damage which is dealt to mobs.
It mines blocks themselves (fragile items).
It can increase attack damage against undead mobs.
It can increase durability of an item.
You may wonder the definitions of each term in the list above. Here are the details for you.
- Enchantment means what the enchantment is called and (Minecraft ID Name) is the value of string which is used in the /enchant command.
- Max Level means the maximum level that you are able to apply for this enchantment.
- Description means the description of what the enchantment does.
- Minecraft ID means the Internal number for the enchantment.
- Version means the Minecraft version number that the enchantment was introduced for the name and ID, if it is applicable.
You are able to enchant an axe that you are holding by using the /enchant command. Let’s take an example. You are able to use the /enchant command to be able to enchant the axe that the player called Minecraft is holding with Sharpness V.
/enchant Minecraft sharpness 5
In this example, the name of the enchantment sharpness is. What about 5? You may be able to guess it. It is the level of the enchantment to add. Then, the command would result in the axe which is held by Minecraft to be enchanted with Sharpness V. This enchantment will be able to increase the attack damage of the axe significantly.
You are able to watch some videos related to Axe Enchantments to make you know more about it.
- A video of wattles entitled Axe Enchantment Guide | The Best Axe in Minecraft | Fortune, Silk Touch & More which was uploaded on November 3rd, 2018.
- A video of RajCraft entitled Minecraft Axe Enchantment Guide which was uploaded on September 19th, 2019.