Do you want to enchant items in Minecraft? If you want to do it, you may want to know about the maximum number of enchantments in this game. We will explain to you about it including how to enchant in Minecraft.
Enchantments in Minecraft are defined as special bonuses or assets which are able to be applied to weapons, armor, or tools through the use of an enchantment table. If you have enchanted books, you can also do it through the usage of an anvil. Enchanted books are able to be acquired via fishing, trading, finding them in generated structures, or by placing a book in an Enchantment Table.
If a tool or an armor is enchanted, it will shine which much like a potion, with an animated purple effect. It allows the holder and any nearby players to be able to see the item is enchanted. An enchanted item will show any current enchantments and their level of strength on the item (unless the enchantment is limited to level 1) is examined in the inventory menu. If you use the enchantment table method, it will allow you to enchant armor, pickaxes, axes, swords, shovels, bows and armor.
There are three ways that you are able to do to enchant an item in Survival mode. Those are listed below.
- You can enchant an item through an enchanting table in exchange for experience points and lapis lazuli. On this way, only unenchanted items may be enchanted.
- You can enchant an item through an anvil and you can do it by combining an enchanted book with an item.
- You can enchant an item through an anvil and you can do it by combining two of the same item with different existing enchantments into a single item that has the enchantments of both.
A player may also get items already which enchanted and they can get them as listed below.
- Through a villager, who may trade several enchanted items for emeralds.
- Through fishing, which gives an opportunity of gaining enchanted items.
- Through a zombie, husk, skeleton, drowned,stray, wither skeleton, piglin, and zombified piglin – in case they have enchanted items and the player kills them, it has an 8.5% chance of them dropping each said item.
- Through finding them in end cities and other assorted treasure chests, such as mineshafts, shipwrecks, desert temples, jungle temples, dungeons, woodland mansions, ocean ruins, ruined portals, strongholds, and bastion remnants.
- Through a piglin, who has a 8.5% chance drop an enchanted item in case worn when killed or has an opportunity to drop an enchanted item when bartered with.
- Through killing pillagers and vindicators in raids but it is for Bedrock Edition only.
You may wonder about the maximum enchantment level. Well, server operators and players in singleplayer worlds with cheats enabled are also able to enchant items using commands such as /enchant. If you want to enchant with the /give command, the maximum enchantment level is 2,147,483,647 and it is in Java Edition only. In Creative mode, items are able to be enchanted via an anvil and enchanted books, with no experience points required. For your information, enchanted books are available in the Creative mode inventory, with individual book displays for the highest level of each enchantment and other levels available via the “Search” tab.