You may wonder how it feels to live in the prehistoric era. With dinosaurs around you, you want to have a different experience in the game like you see in the Jurassic World movie. If you want to have this kind of life in Minecraft, you are able to look for a mod that can give you this kind of world.
One of the mods that you can use for giving you Jurassic world is JurassicCraft. When this article was being created, this mod had been downloaded more than 4 million times on the CurseForge site. This is a mod which introduces prehistoric content into Minecraft and permits you to be able to make dinosaurs by extracting DNA from fossils and amber and then putting that through a process until you are able to get a baby dinosaur. Not only adding dinosaurs, this mod also adds a lot of prehistoric plants which will make you really live in the prehistoric era in Minecraft.
Here are the features that you are able to enjoy in this mod.
- Dinosaurs. This mod has a lot of dinosaurs because it is the main focus of this mod.
- Plants. If your dinosaur pen is empty, you are able to add some beautiful prehistoric plants to fill it up.
- Machinery. If you want to create dinosaurs, you will need machinery. In this mod, there are a lot of machines that will be used in your journey to bring dinosaurs back.
- Decorations. You are able to create a Dinosaur Park because this mod contains a lot of decorations that you are able to use to decorate your very own Dinosaur Park.
- Vehicles. These vehicles can be used by you to get around your park.
- Fossils. DNA is needed to create dinosaurs. And fossils are a perfect way to get DNA.
- Skeletons. You are able to create your very own museum with skeletons, constructed with the fossils that you find.
What types of dinosaurs can we find in this mod? For now, there are 10 types of dinosaurs including Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Gallimimus, Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor, Microraptor, Mussaurus and Coelacanth.
You may wonder about the vehicles that you are able to use in this mod. Well, there is a helicopter for air vehicles, and if you need land vehicles, there are ford explorer and jeep wrangler. How about the plants? Modern plants, algae and other scenery can be found here such as Gracilaria (Aquatic), Heliconia, Krill, Moss, Plankton and West Indian Lilac (Poisonous. There are also ancient land plants and fungi such as Cinnamon Fern, Cry Pansy, Cycadeoidea, Dicksonia, Dicroidium zuberi, Bristle Fern, Chain Fern, Dictyophyllum (Poisonous / safe for specialists), Encephalartos (Poisonous / safe for specialists), Graminidites bambusoides, Ladinia simplex (Poisonous / safe for specialists), Orontium mackii (Risky), Raphaelia, Rhacophyton, Royal Fern, Scaly Tree Fern (Poisonous / safe for specialists), Largestipule leather-root, Liriodendrites bradacii, Serenna veriformans (Very toxic! / safe for specialists), Small Cycad (Poisonous / safe for specialists), Tempskya, Umaltolepis, Woolly-stalked, Begonia and Zamites.
If you want to get this mod, it requires Minecraft 1.12.2 or 1.11.2 and you have to install the latest Forge for the appropriate Minecraft version and also LLibrary 1.7.9+.