Some people may find some difficulties when they have to face the https//aka.ms/remoteconnect. This web page will come after you connect to Microsoft account to crossplay Minecraft games on PS4. If this remote connect site does not work, what should we do?
First, you need to know that a Microsoft account is optional. If you want to play Minecraft on PS4, it is not required. However, it is a free account that you are able to use to sign in on a device and it will be able to permit Minecraft players on PS4 to be able to play with other players on non PS4 devices such as Android, iOS, Switch, Xbox One, and Windows 10. If you have created a Microsoft account, you will be allowed the portability of your Marketplace (devices other than PS4) or Minecraft Store (PS4) purchases to other devices and platforms. So, having a Microsoft account has some benefits so that it will be better if you have one.
So, what is https //aka.ms/remoteconnect? If you access it, it is a site which permits you to be able to play Minecraft remotely with people who use devices other than the one that you have or we usually call it as “Crossplay”. If you want to play Minecraft on Nintendo Switch, PS4 or any other non Microsoft device, it will require you to be able to create and sign in with a free Microsoft account so that you will be able to play against people on other devices.
So, how to be able to crossplay on PS4? You have to set it up by following the steps below.
- First, you have to visit the Sony PlayStation store.
- Then, search for and download Minecraft for Playstation 4
- If you have signed up for a basic Microsoft User account, you must go to the Minecraft home screen on your device and you will see an option to sign in.
- After that, click on the link and it will take you to the remote connect page.
- This page will show your code which has 8 digits.
- Now, you have to access https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on another Internet enabled device such as your cell phone, MAC or PC and you will see a screen saying that you have to enter code.
- So, you have to enter your code, press next and then you have to follow the on screen instructions for completing the sign in process.
Some players are confused where to get the code. As explained above that the code will appear when you do the steps to be able to crossplay. What should we do if we find that the https://aka.ms/remoteconnect is not working? If you experience it, you are able to try powering off your device for a few minutes before you turn it back on. Then, you can set up the Minecraft crossplay on your PS4 again.
If you have restarted your device but the remote connect site is still not working, you are able to make sure that you have a good internet connection. If you find that your internet connection is good but the problem is still there, then you can try to go to the Microsoft forums and then ask others to help you regarding this issue.