If you want to set up Minecraft cross play for Nintendo Switch, there will be a step where you will have to access https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on your PC or mobile. When you have to access it, you may be confused what it is and what code that you have to enter on it. Here, we will inform you about it for you.
Well, when you click on http://aka.ms/remoteconnect, you will have to enter a code. You may be confused about what code it is. In that page, there are words saying that you have to enter a code which is shown in your app or your device. When you click on Sign In to your Microsoft account on the Minecraft menu, there is a code and that is the code that you need to enter on the site.
Now, you have known where to find the code and what code to enter in that link, then we will show you how to use Minecraft cross-play on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.
Set Up Minecraft Cross Play For Xbox One
- First, you have to access the Microsoft Store on Xbox One.
- Then, choose the Search title and then type Minecraft.
- Now, you have to choose Minecraft from the available titles.
- In this step, you must download Minecraft for Xbox One.
- Finally, you can open Minecraft.
Set Up Minecraft Cross Play For Nintendo Switch
- First, you need to access the Nintendo eShop and then navigate to the Search tab.
- There, you have to search for Minecraft and then choose Minecraft from the available titles.
- In this step, you have to download Minecraft for Nintendo Switch.
- Now, open Minecraft and then choose Sign In For Free when prompted to sign into your Microsoft account.
- At this point, you have to navigate to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on your PC or mobile.
- There, you will have to enter the unique code displayed on-screen.
- Then, you have to sign into your Microsoft account. A confirmation screen will be displayed and your Xbox Live profile will also appear on your Nintendo Switch shortly after.
- Now, you need to choose Let’s Play to complete the process.
How to Make Minecraft Cross Play Games
- From the main menu, you need to select Play.
- Then, select Create New under the Worlds tab and then choose Create New World to start a fresh game.
- In this step, you have to navigate to the Multiplayer subsection and then check to see if multiplayer is enabled.
- Now, you have to choose Create if you are ready to play.
- So now, your Minecraft world will begin and be open to other players.
How to Join Minecraft Cross Play Games
- To join Minecraft Cross Play Games, you have to choose Play from the main menu.
- Then, press RB so that you can access to Friends tab on Xbox One. You can press R to access to Friends tab on Nintendo Switch.
- In this step, you have to choose an active game to join.
It is important to know that, games will be split between joinable friends and joinable Realms on Xbox One. But on Nintendo Switch, games will be sorted by Nintendo Switch friends, Xbox Live cross-platform friends, and joinable Realms as well.