Have you downloaded OptiFine for your Minecraft? You have had it on your PC and now you want to know how to zoom in using OptiFine on your Minecraft. If you have not download OptiFine, you can download it first.
What is OptiFine?
OptiFine is an optimization mod for Minecraft. This mod permits Minecraft to be able to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and a lot of configuration options. OptiFine is created by sp614x.
In Minecraft 1.7.10 and earlier, OptiFine had three separate versions and those include Lite, Standard and Ultra. In the OptiFine Lite, there were the fewest features and it was designed to be installed into Minecraft itself and it was not compatible with Minecraft Forge. OptiFine Ultra is the most powerful version. However, it is also the most likely to have minor issues. How about OptiFine Standard? It had fewer features than Ultra. However, it has fewer issues with flickering planes. For your information, as of Minecraft 1.8 and beyond, OptiFine Ultra is the only version which is still in development.
There are a lot of visual and performance enhancements of OptiFine which can be configured through Video Settings in the Option menu. Here are some of the various features on the OptiFine.
- There are textures packs which are able to be changed without fully re-loading a world.
- There is an option to cause plants and water in Swamps to be able to render darker.
- There are Smooth and Multi-Core Chunk Loading options. These attempt is done to reduce the FPS loss incurred by loading and rendering new chunks.
- It is added an option which cause Water to render transparently, permitting users to actually see the bottoms of rivers they are standing near.
- There are also options to cause Snow to render under Fences and Snow and Grass to visually cover full blocks rather than just their top sides.
How to Zoom In on Minecraft Using OptiFine?
The Zoom key is used for scouting and Bow aiming. The default key to zoom in Minecraft is using Ctrl key. However, if it does not work, you are able to access Options in your OptiFine and then click on Controls. Then, scroll down and find Zoom. You are able to see what key is used for zooming there. In case you want to change it, you are able to do that by clicking on the key beside Zoom and then press the key that you want to it to be set on
You are able to watch some video tutorials about it on Youtube. Here are some videos that you are able to watch.
- A video of Masterblockhead entitled How to Zoom in Minecraft! – Optifine which was uploaded on July 5th, 2017.
- A video of OMGcraft – Minecraft Tips & Tutorials! entitled How to Zoom In Minecraft With and Without Mod which was uploaded on March 10th, 2015.
Now, you have known how to zoom in on the Minecraft game using OptiFine, you are able to apply it now.