When you come to this page, you may looking for the information about how to use Minecraft Forge for Mac. In this article, we are going to share how to install Minecraft Forge on Mac so that you will be able to use it.
You may also want to see if the mod you want supports Forge. You have to know that on Mac OS the mods folder is located in the directory ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft and is generated after Forge has run at least once. To reach the directory, you have to press Command key + Shift key + G while a Finder window is selected and enter ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft.
INSTALLING ON MAC OS
- You have to double-click the Forge file. It is a jar file with an image of a cup of coffee on it.
- After that, you have to click OK on the error message. Then, you have to click apple menu icon which is in the top-left corner of the screen. If you do not receive an error message, so you are able to skip ahead to the “Make sure the ‘Install client’ box is checked” step.
- The next step that you have to do is to click System Preferences. It is near the top of the drop-down menu.
- Now, you have to click Security & Privacy. This is a house-shaped icon in the top row of the System Preferences menu.
- You need also to click the lock icon. It is in the bottom-left corner of the window. In this step, you may need to submit your administrator password before continuing.
- Then, you have to click Open Anyway. This button is next to the Forge file name, that will be something like “forge-1.12-22.214.171.1247-installer.jar”. If Security & Privacy does not show this option, so you are able to click the General tab at the top of the page.
- Afterwards, you have to click Open when prompted. This is going to open the Minecraft Forge installer window.
- You have to ensure that the “Install client” box is checked. If it is not, please click the box or circle next to “Install client” before proceeding. If prompted to install Java, so you are able to first click More Info… on the pop-up window, please click Download below Java, click the Java dmg file, double-click the Java pkg folder, and follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- In this step, you have to click OK. It is in the bottom-right corner of the page. Doing so is going to install the client files and folders for Minecraft Forge.
- You are able to change the destination folder by clicking … above OK and then you are able to select a new folder.
- Please click OK when prompted. This is going to complete the installation process.
- Finally, the process of installation finish. Now, you are able to use Minecraft Forge on Mac OS.