Taming is the process of turning a wild animal into a domestic one by using a specific way to make it befriend a player. Apparently, there are a few wild animal species that can be tamed in Minecraft:
Wolf is type of tameable animal mob that can spawn in the forest, taiga biomes, and ice plains, often near extreme hills. Formerly, the wolves are neutral. But if they are attacked, all of the wolves in the immediate area are going to become hostile towards the attacker. Their eyes are going to turn red. Also, their fur becomes darker. They are going to attack the player who attacked them. If all of the players leave the game in an SMP server, so at their return, all hostile wolves are going to be passive. However, the hostile texture is going to remain so that they cannot be tamed.
HOW TO TAME A WOLF
REQUIRED MATERIALS TO TAME A WOLF
In Minecraft, there are the materials that you can use to tame a wolf:
STEPS TO TAME A WOLF IN MINECRAFT
- Find a Wolf
After you collect the required materials, now you have to find a wolf to tame. If you are having trouble finding a wolf, so you are able to summon a wolf using a cheat. Also, you are able to use a spawn egg.
- Use the Bone
You will be able to tame a wolf by giving it a bone. To do that, you have to place your bone in the hotbar. You have to ensure that it is the selected item in your hotbar.
- Now you will need to use the bone. The game control to use the bone depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), you are able to right click and hold.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you are able to tap and hold.
- For PS3 and PS4, you are able to press and hold the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you are able to press and hold the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, you are able to right click and hold.
- For Wii U, you are able to press and hold the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, you are able to press and hold the ZL button on the controller.
- For Education Edition, you are able to right click and hold.
After you use the bone, you have to see red hearts appear all around the wolf. It means that the wolf is being tamed.
- When the taming process is complete, the hearts are going to disappear and the wolf will behave like a dog
- Finally, now you have tamed a wolf in Minecraft.