You are able to tame a cat in Minecraft. Cats are passive mobs and they are able to be found in villages. If you want to tame them, of course you need to know how to do it so that you will not make any mistakes.
Cats are smaller than ocelots despite they share the same model. In older versions of Minecraft, a cat was a type of mob which was created by taming an ocelot. But, in newer versions, a cat is a new type of mob and it is independent of the ocelot. You are able to tame stray cats into pets which wander around in the game.
To tame a cat, you will need 1 raw cod, 1 raw salmon, and a cat. How to tame a cat in Minecraft? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to find a stray cat. Is it difficult to find a stray cat? If so, you are able to summon it by using a cheat or you are able to use a spawn egg.
- Next, you have to use the raw fish to tame the cat. You are able to give them any kind of fish such as raw cod or raw salmon. In this guide, we use raw salmon to tame the cat. So, you have to put your raw salmon in the hotbar and then you have to make sure that it is the chosen item in your hotbar. Now you need to use the raw salmon and it is important to know that the game control to use the raw salmon depends on the version of Minecraft. Here is the guide for you to use salmon.
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac) users, you have to right click on the cat.
- For Pocket Edition (PE) user, you have to move your pointer over the cat and then press the Tame button.
- For Xbox One user, you have to press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS4 users, you have to press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Nintendo Switch users, you have to press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition users, you have to right click on the cat.
- For Education Edition users, you have to right click on the cat.
- It is important for you to know that you may need more than one raw fish to feed the cat. So, you have to prepare it.
- If you have fed the cat with raw salmon, you will see gray smoke appear above the cat. This situation means that the cat is not yet tamed. Then, you have to continue to feed the cat with more raw fish until you are able to see red hearts which appear all around the cat. If you see the red hearts, it means that the cat is being tamed.
- If the process of taming is complete, then the hearts will disappear and the cat will behave like your pet.