Now, Sony and Mojang have released the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft onto the Playstation 4 (PS4) platform. This update is completed with the Better Together update where there is full cross play support across Xbox, Windows, VR, Switch and mobile platforms as well.
If you want to play Minecraft cross platform PS4 and Xbox, you have to connect your Xbox Love account to your Playstation’s version of Minecraft. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to make sure that you have Minecraft on Playstation. If you do not have it, you are able to buy it from Amazon or through PlayStation Store.
- Next, you also have to make sure that you have a Microsoft account. It is because Xbox Live account is powered by a Microsoft account. If you do not have it as well, you are able to create one and it is free.
- You need to have an extra device. Your PS4 will ask you to access a website from an external device such as a computer or phone to be able to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- In this step, you have to open Minecraft on your PS4. You will sign in to your Microsoft account from within Minecraft, rather than your Playstation directly.
- Now, you have to choose Sign In For Free when you are prompted. After initial launch into the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft, you will see a message which pops up. It informs you the advantage of connecting a Microsoft account to Minecraft.
- Then, you need to navigate to the displayed website. Minecraft will ask you to navigate to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on your computer or phone.
- Next, you must enter the code from Minecraft. You can look back at Minecraft and you will see a code underneath the URL. You have to enter this code on your device to permit access to your Microsoft account.
- The last, you have to finish the process. There will be a new screen which will confirm that your Xbox Live profile is now connected to Minecraft. Now, you are able to reap the benefits of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on your PS4.
You are able to play with your friends and family from any gaming platform that has Minecraft. There are three ways of doing this including creating a new world, joining a friend’s game or participating in a Realm.
If you set on creating a new world, to permit cross play is easy. When you are on the creation screen, you have to navigate to the Multiplayer tab under the default Game tab. Here you have to ensure that the ‘multiplayer’ option is enabled. If you have done that and have created your world, you can invite people.
If you set on joining a friend’s world, when you are in the Play menu, the tab to the right of the World tab is the Friends tab. This tab enable you to see which friends who are now online and joinable. Here, you can choose a game you want to join.
Besides these two, the Bedrock Edition on PS4 also gets full support for severs and Realms. They are not there for release but they are promised to be added in a future update.