If you want to open the Minecraft mods folder, you have to find the location of the Minecraft folder. You do not worry about that as here we are going to discuss that. After you read this entire article, you will be able to find out the information you want.
FINDING THE LOCATION OF MINECRAFT FOLDER
Before you will be able to install a mod, you have to find and open your Minecraft folder.
- On Windows
If you are on Windows, to find the Minecraft folder, you have to do Start. Then, click. After that, locate %appdata%. Or you can also type %appdata% into the location field of the Windows Explorer, then simply open Minecraft.
- On Mac
If you are on Mac, you will be able to find the Minecraft folder by clicking on the desktop. After that, you are able to press Command+Shift+G. You will need to type ~/Library and press enter. The next step, you have to open ‘Application Support’ and finally ‘Minecraft’.
- On Linux
In a terminal window, you will need to type “xdg-open ~/.minecraft”… or if you like working at the commandline, “cd ~/.minecraft”.
After that, inside that folder, you will be able to see a folder named ‘mods’. In other cases, if you do not see one, so you have to make sure that you have installed Minecraft Forge and started Minecraft again once. That is where you will put any mods you want to install.
Now, you may want to know how to install Minecraft Forge. If you want to install Minecraft Forge, firstly you are able to download the latest installer from http://files.minecraftforge.net. Please run it, and let it install. In addition, here we are going to share its way. here are steps:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the Forge Download page.
- After that, you are able to find the latest version of Minecraft.
- Then, you are able to download the one named “Installer”.
- After it has downloaded, so you will need to open your downloads folder and double click on the .jar.
- Please choose “open with” and click Java. In other cases, if you are using Linux, you are going to need to run the .jar file manually, with a command such as java -jar <installerName>.
- Automatically, a window named “Mod System Installer” will be open. Do not forget to keep the “Install Client” box ticked.
- You have to make sure that there are no mods in the mods folder for other versions of Forge, or Forge will not load.
- (For Additional) To choose a different install directory, you can click on the “…” button with the default install directory (.minecraft folder). Afterwards, choose the folder to install into.
- Now, you are able to click “Install” and wait for it to finish.
- The last step, you need to open the Minecraft launcher and select the profile “Forge”. Simply, click Play once to get it to create the mods folder.