In Minecraft, parrots are mobs which are able to be found in jungles. They have the ability to imitate sounds of nearby hostile mobs and can also perch on the shoulder of the player. Do you want to make them sit? You are able to do that as long as you know the way to do it.
You are able to tame a parrot so that you are able to order several things to it such as sitting and perching on your shoulder. How to tame it? You can follow the steps below.
- First, you have to find a parrot. If you find any difficulties in finding a parrot, you can summon a parrot using a cheat or you are able to use a spawn egg.
- After finding a parrot, use seeds to tame it. You can use any kind of seeds such as beetroot seeds, pumpkin seeds, melon seeds or wheat seeds. Here, we will try to tame it by feeding it with melon seeds. To do it, you have to put your melon seeds in the hotbar and you have to make sure that it is the chosen item in your hotbar.
- Now, use the melon seeds.
- If you have fed the seeds to the parrot, there will be gray smoke which appears above the parrot. If it happens, it means that the parrot is not yet tamed. You have to continue to feed the parrot more seeds until you see red hearts appear all around the parrot. If you see the red hearts, it means that the parrot is being tamed.
If you have tamed it, you are able to interact with it to make it sit down and stand up. It also will follow you around and teleport to your side if you move too far away. If you want to make a parrot sit, you are able to right click on them if you use a PC. If you walk into a parrot, it will make it to ride on your shoulder. At random intervals, a tamed parrot may try to sit on the shoulder of a player unless told to stay (sit). It is important for you to know that if you feed the parrot with a cookie, it will make the parrot die and emit poison particles.
You are able to have one parrot on each shoulder if you want. But, parrots usually always prefer the left shoulder of the player first. A parrot will dismounts you when you:
- jump down natural terrain which is:
you do not land on a high-enough surface (1/2 block up or higher)
you drop off a ledge of higher than 3/4 of a block
- take damage
- submerge your feet into the water of any height
- start drowning
- sleep on a bed
- submerge your head in lava
If a parrot is on your shoulder, it will have the same direction with your head’s looking. Parrots will dance near a jukebox if a music disc is inside it. Even, they have the ability to dance while they are on the shoulder of the player.