This page teaches you how to make a door that can open when you step on a pressure plate in the Creative mode of Minecraft. This one is doable in computer, mobile, and console versions of the game. The kind of automatic door that you will make is a piston door.
Part 1: Preparing to Build
- First of all, you need to start a game in Creative mode.
- While you are able to build an automatic piston door in Survival mode, finding the important resources and then crafting the components is incredibly time consuming unless you already have them all.
- Then, add the important components to your equipment bar. You will have to get some items to make an automatic piston door, such as redstone, redstone torches, cobblestone or a similar solid block such as wood, sticky pistons, and stone pressure plates.
- After that, find a place to build your door. In case you already have a dwelling to which you would like to add the door, go to it. If not, find somewhere flat.
Part 2: Laying the Wiring
- The first thing that you have to do is to dig two-by-two-by-three holes, meaning that the hole should be two blocks deep, two blocks long, and three blocks wide.
- Then, dig two wire channels. The next thing that you have to do is to place redstone on the bottom of the hole.
- After that, place a redstone torch at the end of each channel.
- The fifth step is to line the corridors with redstone. When you are done, place a cobblestone block over both redstone torches. The last thing that you have to do is to cover up the hole and channels.
Part 3: Creating the Door
- First, equip the sticky pistons by selecting the sticky pistons in the equip bar.
- Second, place a sticky piston in front of each of the raised blocks. Please face on the block that is covering a redstone torch, place the sticky piston in front of it, and repeat for the other raised block.
- Third, place a sticky piston on top of both sticky pistons. You can do it by facing one of the sticky pistons, selecting the top of it, and repeating for the other piston.
- Fourth, place redstone on each of the raised blocks. Doing this step will activate the top sticky pistons.
- Fifth, place the material of your door on the front of the sticky stone. You should end up with 4 solid blocks such as cobblestone in the center of the sticky piston frame.
- Sixth, place two pressure plates in front of and behind the door. It will leave you with a pressure plate on the ground directly in front of and behind every column of door material.
- Seventh, test your door. Please step on both pressure plates at once in order to prompt the doors to open, then walk through your door. You should be able to get through without any issue. You are able to build around your door to disguise the mechanism.