Minecraft is a game where the world is yours for the making. In this game, you are able to prepare for an adventure of limitless possibilities. In this game, you are also able to make a Minecraft multiplayer server. Do you know how to make it?
The first thing to make a mutiplayer server is that you have to make sure that you have the latest version of Java. Then, you will need the server files. You are able to get them for the site of Mojang and it is free. To do that follow the steps below.
- Access the Minecraft Server Downloads page and download minecraft_server.1.11.jar.
- If the download finishes, you have to copy minecraft_server.1.11.jar into a new folder on your desktop and call this folder “Minecraft Server”.
- Now, you must Double-click minecraft_server.1.11.jar to run it.
You have to know that if Minecraft updates to a new version, the directions above will still apply. However, ‘1.11’ will be replaced with whatever the new version number is. Now, you have to batch file to run server. Follow the steps below.
- First, you must Right-click inside the Server folder where you put the Minecraft_Server.1.11.jar.
- Choose New > Text Document.
- After that, name the new document “Run”.
- Inside the Notepad document, you have to paste the following line: 1 cmd /k java ‐Xms1G ‐Xmx1G ‐jar minecraft_server.1.11.jar . Now, you have to Save As a batch file, which is a file Windows uses to run command line commands.
- Click File > Save As.
- In the field, you have to Save as Type, and choose All Files.
- Set the file name to “Run.bat”.
There is a license agreement by Mojang that you have to agree before you launch a Minecraft server. You must edit the file eula.txt to indicate that you agree. Here are the steps.
- Double-click eula.txt.
- Change the line eula=false to eula=true.
Now, you are able to launch your server. You are able to double click on Run.bat and your server will launch. There will be a window which appears with some info about your server. Your server is running and players can connect if you leave this window.
So, how to join the server?
- First, you have to Run Minecraft.
- On the main menu, click Multiplayer and then click Add Server.
- Now, name your server in the Server Name field.
- Next, you must type “localhost” in the Server Address field and then click Done.
- Choose your server and click Join Server.
You should now be able to play on your home server. Next, we will set up the internet connection so other players can connect to it. Then, the process will require to adjust the settings on your router so other players can access your computer through it. This process may be different for everyone because it is based on the kind of router that you have.
If you have forwarded your ports, you have to find your external IP. After you find your external IP address, save the number since you need it for other people to connect to your server. If you have port-forwarded your connection, other players can connect using your external IP address. If you want others join your server, follow the steps below.
- In Minecraft, click Multiplayer.
- Click Add Server and then enter a server name.
- Enter the server address and after that click Done.
Now, Minecraft will try to connect to the server. If it is connected, you have to choose the server and click Join Server.