In Minecraft, a beacon is the term to call a block that projects a light beam skyward and is able to provide status effects such as Speed, Jump Boost, Haste, Regeneration, Resistance, or Strength to nearby players.
How to make a beacon work in Minecraft? While not a simple task, making a beacon will both make your base visible from virtually anywhere on the map and buff your player character with beneficial effects. You are able to make a beacon in all versions of Minecraft, including PC, pocket, and console editions.
- Crafting the bacon
- First, know the layout of a beacon.
- Second, gather the important materials such as at least 81 iron ore, three blocks of obsidian, five blocks of sand, nether star, and fuel.
- Third, smelt your icon ore. Please open the furnace, place all 81 iron ore pieces in the top square, and place the fuel source in the bottom square. Once all 81 ores have been made, you are able to move them back to the inventory.
- Fourth, smelt your glass. You need to put the sand blocks in the furnace, replenish the fuel if needed, and then gather the five glass blocks when they are done smelting.
- Fifth, open your crafting table by right clicking the crafting table (PC), tapping the crafting table (PE), or facing the crafting table and pressing the left trigger.
- Sixth, create iron blocks. You have to place nine iron bars in each grid square and then click the stack of nine iron blocks and move it to your inventory.
- Seventh, craft the beacon unit. You can re-open the crafting table if needed. Then, place one obsidian block in every of the bottom grid squares. Next, place the Nether Star in the center grid square and place one piece of glass in each remaining empty square. After that, move the resulting beacon to your inventory when it shows up.
- Now you are able to make the beacon itself.
- Building the beacon tower
First of all, you need to find a place to put your beacon. Then, place the iron blocks on the ground. In the next step, place your beacon unit. Afterward, consider adding more layers to the unit.
- Changing the effect of the beacon
The first thing that you have to do is to find an effect mineral. To change the effect, you will need at least one of the following: Iron bar, Gold bar, Emerald, Diamond. Then, choose the beacon by right clicking the beacon to open it. The next thing that you have to do is to select an effect. The options include Speed (Choose the claw icon on the left side of the window. This one makes you run faster) and Haste (Choose the pickaxe icon on the left side of the window. This one makes you mine faster). After that, add an effect mineral. The last thing that you have to do is to select the checkmark.