Optifine 1.16.1 (and the other versions like Optifine 1.16 and 1.16.2) is known as a client side mod for Minecraft which improves performance and gives you a little bit more control over how the game looks and behaves in a few cases especially on some low performance systems.
Optifine is actually able to mean the difference between playing with a decent 60 fps and playing with about 10fps or 15fps. For some people, this one is a really helpful mod and it is worth being downloaded. It is to be considered as a tool because it is able to improve the way you play Minecraft and in terms of aesthetic makes the game look better. There are the Minecraft Bedrock Edition and Minecraft Java Edition and both of them have slightly different changes. The Java one works really good and pretty well on low-end systems and even old-PC. Optifine at this moment is an important tool to improve and smooth your Minecraft experience.
OptiFine 1.16.1 HD_U_G2_pre4
- not working: antialiasing and anisotropic filtering
- fixed Fabulous warning (#4367)
- fixed CEM with spider eyes
- fixed emissive textures (#4404)
- fixed invisible entities on respawn (#4414)
- fixed Render Regions
- fixed geometry shaders with AMD (#4250)
- fixed soul flame particles (#4642)
- added shaders uniform playerMood (#4650)
- fixed white/black screen with shaders (#4640)
- fixed zoom to not reset cinematic camera
- reimplemented Fast Render, compatible with shaders
- optimized text rendering
- optimized chunk loading
- optimized chunk rendering
- optimized entity rendering
- fixed debug info chunk updates
- fixed soul fire and soul campfire animation option (#4328)
- fixed CTM for logs (#4320)
- fixed clouds with fabulous graphics (#4251)
- fixed crimson forest and warped forest particles (#4253)
- fixed fast render with fabulous graphics (#4289)
- fixed CEM for skeleton horse and zombie horse (#4274)
- fixed crash when killing parrot (#4214)
- added Entity Distance in performance options (#4206)
- fixed white hotbar with shaders and FXAA (#4201)
In order to install Optifine 1.16.1, you will have to download the respective JAR file of Optifine. The file is available to download on some sites, including from Minecraft Update.
Now you will have to know the location of your Minecraft file on your hard drive. You can just open the launcher again and click the launch options tab, and then click Latest Release tab. After that, the game directory tool will show you the location. Once you have found those, follow these steps.
- First, double click the respective setup file that you downloaded, then the installation window will display and you will be directed to enter a folder for the Optifine installation.
- Second, click the button that shows you the default directory.
- Third, click Install and wait a bit to the mod installed on your PC.
- Fourth, open Minecraft launcher normally and click Installations tab, then press the option New.
- Fifth, click on the version drop-down box and choose the Optifine option.
- Sixth, hit the Create button and now you are able to run the mod. In case you have a bug with this mode you are able to report your error.