Have you ever heard about Aternos? It is a Minecraft server where you are able to play on with your friends all day and all night. This server is free any time you want to use it and there is no possibility to pay for anything. Talk about Aternos, you may want to know how to install modpack on it. Let’s find out about it here.
Generally, installing a modpack on your server is like these:
- First, you need to download and extract the server version of the modpack that you choose. If there is files named FBinstall.bat or ServerSetup.jar, you can run the files and then wait for the required files to be downloaded before proceeding.
- Now, you have to delete any .bat and .sh files.
- In this step, you must verify that you have the forge and minecraft-server .jar files. If you have, you need to rename the forge .jar to custom.jar.
- Next, you have to use an FTP server to upload the modpack folder to your server.
- You must login into your Multicraft Panel.
- Now, you have to stop your server.
- In this step, Open JAR Menu must be clicked.
- Access the Custom tab and enable Custom .jar.
- Finally, save and restart server.
How about installing a modpack on Aternos? Instead of finding stepst to install a modpack, we found the steps to install mods on Aternos. If you want to install mods on Aternos, you will need to install Forge.
If you want to install mods on Aternos, here are the steps that you have to follow.
- First, you have to install Forge on your server. Forge is the server software which is necessary to load mods on your server.
- Next, you need to install mods on your server. There are a list with a lot of different mods from Curse Forge now in Aternos but now only mods listed on CurseForge which can be installed on Aternos.
- In this step, you have to install dependencies on your server. Some mods need other mods to be able to work and these are called dependencies. If it is possible, the dependencies are listed on the Aternos mod list. However, sometimes you need to take a look at the mod descriptions to be able to find all dependencies. For instance mod, DecoCraft, needs the installation of PTRLib to work.
- Now, you have to install Forge on your computer. Most mods must be installed on both, server and computer of every player.
- You have to install mods on your computer. You must download all the mods that you have installed on your server and then you must put them into your mods folder inside the .minecraft folder. You can go to the mods pages linked in the Aternos mod list to download the mods.
- Now, you can start Forge on your computer. You can start your Minecraft launcher and choose the Forge profile which was automatically made by the Forge installer.
- Begin your server here: https://aternos.org/server/.