You play Minecraft using PC Windows 10. And now, you want to install mods for it. Actually, there are two ways to install add-ons or mods. What are they? Is it easy to do? If you can follow the steps carefully, it is easy and you can have mods in it.
Some add-ons download as a .mcworld / .mcpack and if you want to install it, you must go to your Downloads folder. Double-click on the file and it will be imported to your game. It might order you to choose an app to open it with. Just choose to be able to open it with Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta.
In case you downloaded a .ZIP or .RAR file, you are able to follow these steps.
- First, you can brows add-ons section on mpcedl.com and find one which you want to download, for example the More Chairs Add-on.
- Usually, the download includes either a .ZIP or .RAR file. It is a compressed file which you must extract by using a program like 7-Zip or WinRAR. You can use 7-Zip because it is free and easy to use.
- On your computer, find the [Add-on] More Chairs By Genta.zip file. Usually, it is found in your downloaded files. You can double-click the zip file to open it.
- Choose both of the two folders and then click “Extract”.
- Choose the location where you want to extract the two folders or use the default one and then click “OK”.
- You have to open your “Downloads” folder or wherever you selected to extract the folders. Now, install the behavior pack folder: [Behavior pack] More Chairs by Genta. Choose the folder and then press CTRL + C or you can right-click it and copy it.
- If you have copied the folder, on your computer, go to this following location using the file explorer:
Here you will find two new folders including behavior_packs (usually for textures) and resource_packs (usually for behaviors, e.g. json files). You must open the behavior_packs folder and press CTRL + V to paste it. Now, you have installed the behavior pack.
- Next, you have to open up your “Downloads” folder again and find the [Textures] More Chairs by Genta folder. You have to choose it and press CTRL + C.
- Now, you can open the com.mojang folder again and then open the resource_packs folder:
- Now, you have to paste the folder here by pressing CTRL + V.
- In this step, start Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta. You have to create a new world (or edit an existing world).
- You are able to add (or edit) all the settings you want for your world and scroll down in the left sidebar to find two tabs/buttons for Resource Packs and Behavior Packs.
- Choose Resource Packs and the More Chairs add on must be added from the list.
- Do the similar thing for Behavior Packs.
- Now, you can get into the new world and you will find some new items in your inventory. You can use them to spawn the chairs. This tutorial can also work for any other add-on!