Minecraft Forge is a free modding utility which utilizes open-source API and loader to give comprehensive compatibility between numerous community-created mods and the exact version of Minecraft: Java Edition which is downloadable straight through the Minecraft Forge loader. That game version is not special customized game client, but instead just an older version of the game which maintains compatibility with this modding client.
In addition to the general mods which are can be used in all regular versions of the game, the users of Minecraft Forge loader are able also to access a wide array of mods which are accessible only via Forge client. Now, you may come to this page because you want to know how to install Minecraft Forge on Windows. You are luck y have come to this page. Here we are going to share the way to install Minecraft Forge on Windows. Just continue reading this entire article.
Firstly, you need to ensure that you have Minecraft installed. In order to install Forge, you have to own Minecraft installed and have run it at least once. This is going to make sure that all of the necessary files are in place. Please go to the Minecraft Forge site. Simply you are able to visit this link: https://files.minecraftforge.net/ in your choice browser. This is going to l take you to the download page of the latest version of Minecraft Forge. After that, you have to click the Installer button which is right for your computer. Because you are on Windows, so you are able to click the large Windows Installer to the left of the “Changelog” box beneath the “Download Recommended” section at the top of the page. You will be able to click Skip. It is in the top-right corner of the page, though you will have to wait five seconds before this button appears. Doing that will prompts the Forge file to download. You may need to choose a save location or confirm that you want to download the file before the download commences.
INSTALLING ON WINDOWS 10
- Please double-click the Forge icon. The icon is a white anvil on a dark-blue background. Doing that will open the Forge installer.
- If you get a pop-up message which telling you to install Java, so you are able to go to https://www.java.com/en/download/ in your browser, then click Free Java Download, click Agree and Start Free Download, next install Java when it finishes downloading.
- You have to ensure the “Install client” box is checked. If it is not, you have to click the box or circle next to “Install client” before proceeding.
- Now, you are able to click Ok. It is in the bottom-right corner of the page. Doing that will install the client files and folders for Minecraft Forge.
- You will need to change the destination folder by clicking and then selecting a new folder.
- Please click “OK” when prompted. This is going to complete the installation process.