This Minecraft guide explains how to get a creeper head with step by step instructions. In the game, a creeper head is known as an item that you are not able to make with a crafting table or furnace. Instead, you have to find and gather this item in the game. Here is the information on how to add a creeper head to your inventory.
In Minecraft, the material that you are able to use to make a creeper head is 1 flint and steel. So, what should do you to get a creeper head in Survival mode? You are able to add a creeper head to your inventory in the Survival mode by blowing up a creeper with a charged creeper. The first thing that you have to do is to find both a creeper as well as a charged creeper.
For those who are having trouble finding these mobs, you are able to use a game command in order to summon a creeper and another game command to summon a charged creeper. Aside from that, you are also able to use a spawn egg to spawn a creeper. When you find a creeper and a charged one, you can fence them in so that they do not run away. You might also want to give yourself the Absorption effect. This one will get the extra yellow hearts to your health bar so you do not die from the charged creeper explosion.
Then, you will want to ignite the charged creeper. If you want to do this, you can choose the flint and steel in your hotbar. Please position your pointer (the plus sign) on the charged creeper. The game control that you can use the flint and steel depends on the version of the game:
- For Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac), you have to right click on the charged creeper.
- For Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE), you have to tap on the charged creeper.
- For Minecraft Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you have to press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For Minecraft PS3 and PS4, you have to press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Minecraft Wii U, you have to press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Minecraft Nintendo Switch, you have to press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, you have to right click on the charged creeper.
- For Minecraft Education Edition, you have to right click on the charged creeper.
Keep in mind that the fuse on the charged creeper should be ignited and soon it will explode.
Once the charged creeper has exploded, all the mobs will be dead and there will be a hole from the explosion. Since the charged one killed the creeper, you need to find a creeper head floating on the ground at the bottom of the hole. Do not forget to pick up the creeper head before it disappears. For your information, a creeper head is such a rare item and should be kept in your inventory to be used later.