This Minecraft guide explains how to get a zombie head with step by step instructions. In the game, a zombie head refers to an item that you are not able to make with a crafting table or furnace. Instead, you have to find and gather this item in the game. Here is the information on how to add a zombie head to your inventory.
In Minecraft, the material that you can use to make a zombie head is 1 flint and steel. Then, how to get a zombie head in Survival mode? You are able to add a zombie head to your inventory in the Survival mode by blowing up a zombie with a charged creeper. The first thing that you have to do is to find both a zombie as well as a charged creeper.
For those who are having trouble finding these mobs, you are able to use a game command in order to summon a zombie and another game command to summon a charged creeper. When you find a creeper and a charged one, it is better for you to fence them in so that they do not run away. Apparently, the lower light levels from the rain prevent the zombie from bursting into flames and dying before you are able to get the zombie head. You might want to give yourself the Absorption effect that will get the extra yellow hearts to your health bar so you do not die from the charged creeper explosion.
In the next step, you will want to ignite the charged creeper. In order to do this, you can choose the flint and steel in your hotbar. Then, place your pointer (the plus sign) on the charged creeper. Keep in mind that the game control that you can use the flint and steel depends on the version of the game:
- For Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac), you need to right click on the charged creeper.
- For Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE), you need to tap on the charged creeper.
- For Minecraft Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you need to press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For Minecraft PS3 and PS4, you need to press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Minecraft Wii U, you need to press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Minecraft Nintendo Switch, you need to press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, you need to right click on the charged creeper.
- For Minecraft Education Edition, you need to right click on the charged creeper.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the fuse on the charged creeper should be ignited and soon it will explode.
Once the charged creeper has exploded, two of the mobs will be dead and there will be a hole from the explosion. Since the charged one killed the zombie, you need to find a zombie head floating on the ground at the bottom of the hole. Do not forget to pick up the zombie head before it disappears.