Are you looking for the articles that will give you the ways on how to fix the connection time out in Minecraft? If so, of course, you are at the right page now. In this chance, we are going to give you the solution when you get the issues about the connection time out errors in Minecraft.
Definitely, we have the three solutions that probably will help you to solve the problem. Certainly, you are able to use one of three solutions or you can try to use the solutions one by one if you can not fix the error well.
Well, here are the three solutions to fix the connection time out errors:
How to Fix Connection Time Out Errors in Minecraft
Solution 1: Change the Minecraft Version
The first solution to fix the connection time out is to change your Minecraft version. In fact, there are lots of issues caused by the old version of Minecraft. Or sometimes, the current Minecraft version is not suitable with your Minecraft server. So, you can try to change the version manually by following these steps below!
- Firstly, you have to open the Minecraft launcher, then, click on the Launch Options.
- Then, click on Add new in the pop-up screen.
- After that, you can choose the different Minecraft version from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you can navigate the News tab, click on the arrow next to the Play button. Then, choose the profile containing the Minecraft version as you have changed.
- Finally, you can check if the Minecraft connection timed out the issues is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Uninstall Antivirus Program Temporarily
Besides changing the Minecraft version, sometimes, the connection timed out also can be caused by something wrong in antivirus as you have used. The antivirus program totally will prevent you from getting internet access when you are launching Minecraft. So, it may be caused in which the Minecraft could not connect to the Server issue.
In this case, if you have changed the Minecraft version but it is not resolved, you can try uninstalling the correct antivirus program or you can use other antivirus program.
- Firstly, you can right-click the Start button and choose the App and Features (Program and Features)
- Then, in the Settings menu, you can double click the antivirus program, then, click on the Uninstall button.
- After that, you are able to follow on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation.
- Finally, you can restart your computer and see if the failed to connect to the Minecraft server is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Allow the 25565 Port in Windows Firewall
Minecraft in server computer sometimes needs the opened ports to work well. In this case, you can forward these ports in Windows Firewall to fix the Minecraft server in connection timed out issues.
- Firstly, you can type the firewall in the search box and choose the Windows Defender Firewall from the top result.
- Then, in the pop-up window, you can choose the Advanced Settings option on the left side. Click the Inbound Rules of the screen.
- After that, right-click the Inbound Rules and choose the New Rule. Choose the Port under the Rule type section.
- Next, choose the TCP or UDP type from the first set of the radio button. But, it also depends on the port as you are using. Then, you can switch the second radio button to the Specific local ports.
- Then, choose the Allow the connection radio button. Click the Next button to continue.
- Now, choose the network type when applying this rule. In this case, if you want to use another network connection, you can keep the options as you have checked before you click the Next button.
- Finally, after the settings 25565 port for the Inbound Rules, you definitely have to repeat the steps above.