RCON is a protocol which can permit server administrators to execute Minecraft commands remotely. Basically, it is an implementation of the Source RCON protocol for Minecraft. It is able to be used by a server operator and developer to make applications which are able to connect and interact with a Minecraft server.
Do you want to enable RCON for your Minecraft server. If you want to do it, you come to the right place. Here, we are going to give you the explanation of it.
Steps to Enable RCON For Your Minecraft Server
It is important for you to know that RCON is disabled for your server by default. So, you have to enable it by yourself and here is the guide.
- The first thing that you have to do to enable RCON for your Minecraft server is navigate to Files > Config Files on your Minecraft Panel.
- After that, you have to choose Server Settings on the Config Files page.
- In this step, you need to locate the option called enable-rcon which usually can be found at the bottom of the page. Then, you have to change the value of the textbox beside it to true.
- If you have set it, now you need to save the settings and you can do that by scrolling to the bottom of the page. Then, you need to click on the blue Save button.
- At last, you have to restart your Minecraft server so that the changes will apply.
Now, you have successfully enabled the RCON protocol for your Minecraft server. It is easy to enable RCON for your Minecraft server, isn’t it? You have to make sure that you follow the steps above carefully so that you do not make any mistake.
Steps To Secure RCON
Now, you may also want to secure RCON after you have RCON enabled for your server. It is done to prevent anyone from getting access to manage your server. So, you can secure RCON by following the steps below.
- First, you must log in to your server’s Multicraft panel. If you have more than one server, choose the server with the world you want to reset.
- Next, go to Files > FTP File Access from the left sidebar.
- In this step, log in to your server’s FTP File Manager.
- In your server directory, you have to locate the file server.properties and click on the Edit link on its right.
- In your server.properties file, you must locate the line for rcon.port and replace its value with a random 5-digit number to make sure the port you are using is not in use by another server. Then, you have to locate the line for rcon.password and provide a password for RCON. You have to make sure that you do not share this pass to others.
- If you have made the changes to your rcon.port and rcon.password, then you must click on the Save button to save your updated server.properties file.
- Go back to the main page of your server panel and then restart your server so that changes will apply.
If you can follow the steps above correctly, RCON should now be enabled. It will also be secured and ready for you to use to manage your Minecraft server.