If you like playing the game of Minecraft, you may will be familiar with texture pack. It is a collection of files that used to change the in-game textures of mobs, items, blocks, and GUI. They were zip files which had various PNG images in them and a text document called pack.txt. The resolution of Minecraft textures are 16×16. This measured pixels in block height and width. For your information, 32×32, 64×64, 128×128, 256×256, 512×512, and 1024×1024 textures are referred to as “HD”.
Based on the research, in Java Edition 1.6.1, Minecraft texture packs were replaced with resource packs that provide more control over textures and other game features. When you are at this page, you may want to find out the way to download Minecraft texture pack. You are at the right page as here we are going to share the way to download and install Minecraft texture pack. To see its way, let us see the text below:
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING A TEXTURE PACK
- Firstly, you are able to download a texture pack from the website of your choice. You have to know that most texture packs are in ZIP file format, but as long as it has the necessary files (pack.txt), Minecraft is going to recognize a folder as a texture pack. If you make your own textures, you are able to ZIP them if you feel it is necessary.
- The second step, you have to Run Minecraft. If Minecraft is already have running, so you have to ensure to leave the world. You will need to at least be in the main menu to continue.
- After that, you have to click Texture Packs button. In other case, if you do not see it, so you are able to go to Options.
- Now, you have to click Open Texture Pack Folder button. This is going to open the folder where Minecraft stores all texture packs. If nothing happens, it means that the folder must be found manually. Depending on the operating system it is located at:
Windows XP/Vista/7/8: %appdata%\.minecraft\texturepacks .
GNU/Linux: ~/.minecraft/texturepacks (this folder can be hidden in the Home folder).
- Remember that Minecraft does not have to be closed once placing the texture pack in the opened folder.
- In a few seconds the texture pack is going to appear in Minecraft. Now, you are able to select it and click “Done”. Finally, the texture pack is applied. In this case, if Minecraft did not update, so simply you have to exit and reopen the texture packs screen.
Well, the text above is a way to download and install Minecraft texture pack.
A texture pack is identified by Minecraft based on the presence of the folder of root directory. It contain a text file named pack.txt that contain a description of the texture pack which will appear in the game. Also, the root directory contains an optional image named pack.png, that shows as the thumbnail for the pack on the texture pack selection menu.