Minecraft Forge is an open-source modding API. Also, it is a free loader designed to simplify compatibility between community-created game mods in Minecraft: Java Edition. The user must play the version of Minecraft Forge that was downloaded before it is able to be used. For example, Minecraft Forge 1.12 will need the 1.12 version of Minecraft in order to run correctly. Then, Forge can be used from the Play drop-down in the Minecraft launcher.
In this time, we are going to teaches you how to download Minecraft Forge for PC. If you want to know its way, so you are able to continue reading this article until end. After you download it, then, you are able to install it.
- Firstly, you have to make sure that you own Minecraft installed. In order to install Minecraft Forge, you will need to own Minecraft installed and have run it at least once. This will ensure that all of necessary files are in place. For note: If you are making a Minecraft Forge server, it means that you do not need Minecraft official server software installed.
- Now, you can go to the Minecraft Forge site. Simply, you can click this link: https://files.minecraftforge.net/. It will bring you to the page of the latest version of Minecraft Forge download.
- The next step that you have to do is to click the Installer button. For your information, this Installer button will vary depending on your operating system. If you use Windows, so you have to click the large Windows Installer to the left of the “Changelog” box beneath the “Download Recommended” section at the top of the page.
- Afterwards, you have to click at “Skip” which is in the top-right corner of the page. Apparently, you will need to wait a few seconds before this button appears. Doing so prompts the Minecraft Forge file to download.
- You have to select a save location now. Or you are able to confirm that you want to download the file before the download commences.
INSTALLING ON PC
- To install Minecraf Forge for PC, you will need to double-click the Forge icon. It is a white anvil on a dark-blue background. This step will open the Forge installer. If you receive a pop-up message which telling you to install Java, so you can go to https://www.java.com/en/download/. Please click Free Java Download, and then click Agree and Start Free Download. Do not forget to install Java when it finishes downloading.
- The next step is to give check the Install client box. If it is not, you can click the box or circle next to “Install client” before proceeding.
- In this time, you are able to click “OK”. It is going to install the client files and folders for Minecraft Forge. You will be able to change the destination folder by clicking … and choosing a new folder.
- You need to click OK when prompted. This act will complete the installation process.