Smooth stone is one of the items that you are able to make by using a stone. This item is a variant of stone which is crafted by smelting regular stone. It has a smoother-looking texture and has a lighter gray color. If you want to mine a smooth stone, you need a pickaxe so that it will drop itself. If you mine it without using a pickaxe, it will drop nothing.
Smooth stone block was added in Beta 1.8 for the first time. However, it was not available for players.Then, in update 1.13, it was added to the creative inventory. In 1.14, this item is able to be obtained through smelting and also the ability to be split into slabs.
Steps To Craft A Smooth Stone Block
Do you want to craft a smooth stone block? If you want to craft it, you need a stone as the material. Then, you are able to follow the steps below to craft a smooth stone block.
- Smooth stone is not a block which is able to be made with a crafting table but rather with a furnace. So, the first thing that you have to do if you want to make a smooth stone is to open your furnace.
- After that, you have to add fuel to the bottom fuel box in the furnace. You are able to use coal as the fuel.
- You have to put the stone in the top box of the furnace. Then, you will be able to see the flames cooking the stone.
- If the stone is smelt or cooked in the furnace, then you will be able to see that the smooth stone will appear in the box to the right.
- Now, you are able to move the smooth stone that you have crafted to your inventory.
As explained earlier, if you want to get a stone, you have to use a pickaxe. You will be able to get a normal stone by mining stone with a pickaxe which is enchanted with Silk Touch. Also, you are able to find smooth stone inside some houses in the various villages that you find across the map. There is a possibility of the smooth stone to spawn in mason chests in villages.
How To Make A Blast Furnace Using A Smooth Stone
A smooth stone can be used to make a Blast Furnace and a Smooth Stone Slab. If you want to make a blast furnace, you are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to open your 3×3 crafting table.
- There, you have to put 5 iron ingots, 1 furnace and 3 smooth stones.
- In the first row, you have to put 3 iron ingots. In the second row, you have to put 1 iron ingot in the first box, 1 furnace in the second box and 1 iron ingot in the third box. In the third row, put 3 smooth stones.
- If you have filled the crafting area, now you will be able to see the blast furnace which appears in the box to the right.
- You are able to move the blast furnace to your inventory.