Have you heard about RCON? RCON is a protocol which permits server administrators to be able to execute Minecraft commands remotely. Basically, it is an implementation of the Source RCON protocol for Minecraft. Here, we are going to explain about how to change your RCON password.
Some of you wonder how to be able to change your RCON password. So far you use it and then you want to change the password because you just want it or you may think that your current password is not secure enough. But, the problem is that you may not know the steps to change your RCON password.
If you do not know how to change your RCON password, here we give the guide for you.
- The first thing that you have to do to change your RCON password is log into the TCAdmin control panel.
- After that, you need to navigate to the server you want to change the RCON password on and then click on Configuration Files.
- In this step, locate your main configuration file. By default it is called server.cfg and it is located in the garrysmod/cfg folder.
- If you have located it, then you have to click on Text Editor to be able to edit the file.
- Next, locate the rcon_password line and you are able to set your password between the two quotation marks: “”.
Let’s take an example. Let’s say that you want to change the password to be bluecat so your config file should look like this:
- After you have changed the password to what you want, the next step that you have to do is click the Save button at the top. Then, do not forget to restart your server.
If you want to have no RCON password on the server, you can do that by simply removing the password and leaving just the quotation marks. So, it will look like this:
And then make sure to click the Save button at the top and restart your server.
Some of you may just know about it. Then, you want to set up RCON on your Minecraft server. If so and you do not know what you have to do, you are able to watch some videos about it on Youtube. Here are some videos about setting up RCON on Minecraft server that you are able to watch on Youtube.
- A video of Server.pro entitled How To Set RCON On Your Minecraft Server – Minecraft Java (Premium) which was uploaded on April 10th, 2017. The duration of the video is just 2 minutes and 48 seconds and it has been watched more than 31k times.
- A video of Shockbyte entitled How To Setup RCON To Your Minecraft Server which was uploaded on May 27th, 2019. The duration of the video is 4 minutes and 28 seconds and now it has been watched more than 19k times.
Well, hopefully this information can help you. If you need other information about RCON, you are able to read the other articles about it on this site.