In Minecraft, turtles are common passive mobs. They move both on land and in water as well. Usually, they spawn in the Overworld on beaches with daylight. However, they do not do that in its snowy variant or stone shores. For your information, 10% of turtles spawned are babies. In Minecraft Bedrock Edition, turtles spawn in groups of 2 to 6, at light level 7 or higher, at altitude 60 to 67. Also, they take a few minutes to lay eggs.
Materials For Breeding Turtles
How to breed turtles in Minecraft? You are able to do that by preparing the materials first. The materials that you need fo breeding turtles are:
- 2 Seagrass
- 2 Turtles
Steps To Breed Turtles
If you have prepared the materials above, now you are able to start breeding turtles by following the steps below.
- You have to find two turtles to breed and you are able to find turtles in the Beach biome. Usually, turtles are found swimming in the water or they are walking along the sand. If then you are not able to find turtles, you are able to summon a turtle using a cheat or you are able to use a spawn egg. When you are breeding turtles, you have to make your turtles to be close together. So, if needed, you are able to build a sand wall to keep your two turtles from running away.
- In this step, you have to use the Seagrass. With the seagrass chosen in your hot bar, you have to feed the seagrass to each of your turtles. The game control that you can use to feed the seagrass to the turtles depends on the version of Minecraft that you have. Here are the details.
- If you use Java Edition (PC/Mac), you can right click on the turtles one at a time.
- If you use Pocket Edition (PE), you can tap on the turtles one at a time.
- If you use Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you can press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- If you use PS3 and PS4, you can press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- If you use Wii U, you can press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- If you use Nintendo Switch, you can press the ZL button on the controller.
- If you use Windows 10 Edition, you can right click on the turtles one at a time.
- If you use Education Edition, you can right click on the turtles one at a time.
- When you feed the seagrass to the turtles, then there will be red hearts which appear over the heads of the turtles. It means that each of the turtles is entering love mode. If you have fed both turtles, they will turn to each other and then you will see the red hearts which continue to appear over their heads.
- If the red hearts disappear, then you will see that there is one of the turtles which will begin to dig in the sand.
- After the turtle digs, then it will lay different sizes of turtle eggs on the ground. Usually, it will lay up to 4 eggs.
- Now, you have two adult turtles and a nest of turtle eggs. And then, the eggs will hatch into baby turtles.