Before breed the sheep in Minecraft, you need to prepare the materials. In Minecraft, there are two materials that you are able to use to breed sheep. The first one is 2 wheat and the second one is 2 sheep.
Steps to breed sheep
- Find two sheep
Once you have found the required materials, you will have to find two sheep to breed. In case you are having trouble finding sheep, you are able to summon a sheep using a cheat or you are able to use a spawn egg. Please keep in mind that the sheep will need to be close together when breeding, so you have to build a fence in order to keep the two sheep from running away.
- Use the wheat
In the next step, with the wheat selected in the hot bar, you will have to feed the wheat to each of the sheep, one at a time. Here is the game control to use or feed the wheat to the sheep depends on the version of Minecraft:
- If you use Java Edition (PC/Mac), right click on the sheep one at a time.
- If you use Pocket Edition (PE), you tap on the sheep one at a time.
- If you use Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- If you use PS3 and PS4, press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- If you use Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- If you use Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller.
- If you use Windows 10 Edition, right click on the sheep one at a time.
- If you use Education Edition, right click on the sheep one at a time.
As you feed the wheat to the sheep, you will be able to see red hearts appear over their heads. Every sheep is entering love made. Once you have fed both of them, they will turn to each other and red hearts will continue to appear over their heads. After a while, the red hearts will disappear and a cute baby sheep (lamb) will be standing next to its parents. In some cases, the baby sheep will be the color of one of its parents. However, in case the parents were compatible colors, the baby will be a combination of the color of its parents. For instance, if the parents were white and light gray, meaning these are not compatible colors, the baby sheep is the color of one of its parents. In this example, the baby sheep is light gray. Here is the compatible colors:
- Lapis Lazuli + Cactus Green = Cyan
- Lapis Lazuli + Bone Meal = Light Blue
- Lapis Lazuli + Bone Meal + 2 Rose Red = Magenta
- Lapis Lazuli + Pink + Rose Red = Magenta
- Rose Red + Lapis Lazuli = Purple
- Rose Red + Bone Meal = Light Pink
- Orange + Dandelion Yellow = Orange
- Inc Sac + Bone Meal = Gray
- Cactus Green + Bone Meal = Lime Green
- Gray + Bone Meal = Light Gray
- Purple + Pink = Magenta