Do you want to add Bukkit Plugins to your server. If you want to install BUkkit plugins on your server, there are a couple of different ways. The first way is that you can add it by using FTP in the control panel.
It is important for you to know that if you want to install plugins on your server, firstly you will have to log into Multicraft. Also, you will have to make sure that your server is stopped. And below, you are able to see the steps to install or add Bukkit plugins on your server via the Multicraft FTP.
- In case your server is not running some form of Craftbukkit or Spigot, you will have to change the server type so that it is.
- After that, you have to access your server’s FTP area and you are able to do it by going to Files > FTP File Access in your control panel.
- If your server is running Bukkit, and it has been begun at least once, you will see a folder named “plugins” in your FTP area.
- In this step, you have to click on the “plugins” folder to open it.
- Now, you need to press the “Upload” button, and then navigate to the where the plugin JAR file is stored on your computer.
- If the file is uploaded, you are able to restart your Minecraft server and the plugin should load. It will generate another folder inside of the Plugins folder as well and it is a folder where the configuration files for that plugin will reside.
You are also able to install Bukkit plugins via a third party FTP client. it is recommended for you to use Filezilla. In this guide, it already assumes that you have already followed the FTP guide, and that you know how to be able to connect to your server with Filezilla.
- You have to connect to your server’s FTP using Filezilla (or another 3rd party client).
- Then, you have to navigate to the “plugins” folder.
- In this step, you have to drag and drop the plugin JAR file into the “plugins” folder on the right side of the Filezilla window.
- If the file is uploaded, you have to restart your Minecraft server and the plugin should load. It will also generate another folder inside of the Plugins folder and it is a folder where the configuration files for that plugin will reside.
There are some notes that you must know about adding plugins. If the plugin file that you downloaded comes in a .zip format, you have to extract the files from it before you upload it via FTP. Then, if the plugin does not load on your server, usually it means that there is a problem. Any plugin errors will be shown in the server console. So, you have to check there to diagnose any issues. You also have to make sure that plugin that you download is compatible with the version of Bukkit that you are using. Checking the version of the plugin can be done via the Bukkit Dev page of the plugin where you downloaded it.