When your server is first created, it start with a freshly generated world. In this article, we are going to share how to add a new worl to your server. If you want to try adding a new world to your server, so you are able to follow these steps.
DOWNLOADING AN ONLINE WORLD
- You have to know that the world needs to come from an official website such as Planet Minecraft.
- You need to confirm that the world you want to download is created for the same version of Minecraft.
- Then, you are able to download the world to your computer.
- The world file is able to be saved as a .zip archive. You will need to extract the files using an archiving tool such as 7zip or WinRAR to a known directory.
- After that, you have to rename the world so you are able to identify it later. If you have more than one world, this helps to track the world. When you are renaming, we suggets you to avoid using any spaces or special characters.
FINDING YOUR LOCAL WORLD/SAVE
- At the first step, you have to press the Windows Key (Start).
- Then, you are able to type in %appdata% and press enter.
- After that, you have to open the Minecraft folder and enter the saves folder.
- Now, you have to find your save and drag the folder to your desktop or another known directory.
- The last, you are able to rename the world, so you are able to identify it later. If you have more than one world, this will help you to keep track your world.
- Firstly, you are able to click on the Spotlight button in the menu bar, it looks like a magnifying glass. Or, you are able to use the Command – Space keyboard shortcut.
- Please paste ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft into the search.
- Now, you have to open the saves folder and drag the world to your desktop.
- After that, you are able to rename the world to something that you are able to remember for later.
UPLOADING YOUR WORLD TO THE SERVER
- At the first step, you have to stop your server.
- Then, you are able to access your server files via an FTP client such as Filezilla.
- In this steo, you have to find the world folder that you want to upload.
- Please drag it over to the home directory of the server.
- The last, you have to wait for the world to fully update from FileZilla (FTP tutorial), ensure that no files are failing to transfer.
SETTING THE SERVER TO LOAD THE WORLD
- Please navigate to your Multicraft panel and then locate the World field.
- After that, you have to enter the name of the world folder you uploaded exactly as it appears and click save.
- Now, you are able to start the server and the new world should load up.