Have you ever heard about Mineshafter? You may have heard about it from your friends or from other Minecraft players. Then, you want to have it as well. If you want to use it, of course you need to download the Mineshafter Launcher. How to do it?
Mineshafter is a free alternative that you are able to get to use the primary Minecraft online services. If you access the website at mineshafter.info, you are able to see that there is not much information about this thing. On the site, you are just able to get the very important information about Mineshafter such as how to get started using it, login, and downloads.
Well, if you want to download this Mineshafter Launcher, you have to go to mineshafter.info site and then access the Downloads page. As you are able to see that on the site there are only 4 menus including Home, Getting Started, Downloads and Login.
On the Downloads page, it is stated that you will need Java 8 to be able to play Minecraft. So, if you do not have it, you have to get it. So, how to get started to download Mineshafter Launcher? To make it easier to download and use it, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do to get Mineshafter Launcher is that you have to login on mineshafter.info.
- After that, you need to set a username on the Settings page.
- In this step, you have to set a skin and/or cloak if you want one.
- Now, you have to download the launcher.
- If the download has been done, you are able to start the launcher.
- Finally, you are able to login with any username that you want. It is important for you to know that password does not matter. Username must match the one that you picked on the site for skins to be able to work.
Do you find any problem when you start the launcher? You may see that nothing happens when you try to start the launcher. You need to know that sometimes Windows does not correctly bind JAR files to be executed by Java. So, you are able to try using Jarfix to re-associate the filetype.
In the Downloads page of Mineshafter website, you are able to read about Mineshafter Launcher. You are able to login with whatever username or password that you want. Servers will ask you to be able to login again if you have connected. You need to note that you are not able to connect to official servers using this.
If then, you see that there is an error message saying that you are not able to find or load the main class info.mineshafter.GameStarter, you are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you are able to open your .minecraft directory.
- Then, you need to copy the saves directory to your Desktop.
- In this step, you need to delete the .minecraft directory.
- Now, you can start the launcher.
- If the .minecraft directory has re-appeared, then you have to place your backed up saves directory back inside it.