How long have you used Aternos? You may have used Aternos lately so it is just for a short time and there are several things that you do not know. One of them is about FTP. You may wonder whether Aternos has FTP or not. So, we are going to tell you about it here.
If you want to know about whether Aternos has FTP or not, it is important for you to know that Aternos does not offer access via FTP or the ability to upload custom files. You are able to read about this on the Support page in Aternos site. There are a lot of reasons why Aternos does not have it. However, it is mainly for security reasons.
It is important to know that plugins or mods which are uploaded to your server run on Aternos’ hardware. These things may contain software code which is suspicious which then it will be executed in environment of Aternos. It may be a bot or a type of virus. Even though your server will be launched in a environment which is protected, it may still be possible for someone to try to bypass the limitations of Aternos such as keeping the server online 24/7. This thing will not only be unfair for all other users but it will also affect the queue and waiting time in Aternos.
Aternos team realize that it would be possible to install systems like virus filters and many more. But, these filters will not detect code to bypass the limitations of Aternos, since they are too game/platform specific. In addition, a procedure such as a manual check is practically impossible. The large amount of users and the large amount of mods/plugins and many more will require such a great effort which cannot be afforded by Aternos. If you want to know more information about FTP in Aternos, you are able to access the forum section of Aternos site.
Talk about Aternos, how far do you know about it? Do you know what features which is owned by Aternos? Here they are.
- It is fully customizable. You are able to adjust everything on your server the way you like it and you can make in your game.
- You can use Mods and Plugins. You are able to add plugins, play with your favorite mods or you are also able to use one of many preconfigured modpacks for your very own experience.
- DDOS protected. Your server in Minecraft is fully DDOS protected for free to keep you safe from attacks.
- There are Automatic Backups. Aternos team will always keep a backup of your server just if you need it.
- You are able to upload Custom Worlds. You are able to upload any world that you want to play such as adventure maps, parkour or even the latest minigame.
- There is Excellent Support. If you need help, Aternos team will help you.
So, if you like Aternos, you are able to use it. However, once again, you need to know that Aternos does not offer access via FTP for security reasons.