If you have shaderspacks on Minecraft and then now you see that you are not able to find the shaderpacks folder, you may be confused. If you face this kind of problem, you have to make sure that you do the things correctly to download the shaderspack to your Minecraft.
If you installed shaders on Minecraft and then you see something wrong with it such as it does not work, cannot find the shaderpacks folder and many other problems, you have to make sure that you do everything correctly. First, you have to know that shaders only can work on Java Edition so you have to make sure that you are using that. Second, you also have to make sure that you launch it with OptiFine as your game. Third, you also have to make sure that the shaders are in the shader folder.
If you are using Mac and then you want to know where the shader packs folder is since you cannot find it, you are able to open the resource packs folder inside of Minecraft and then go up one folder and look for shaderpacks. If you are using OptiFine’s shader implementation, it offers a shader pack folder button to click on. Another Minecraft user also says that the shader packs folder on Mac is in ~/library/application support/minecraft/shaderpacks.
You are also able to get to the shader packs folder by going to Options, and then choose Video Settings and go to Shaders. Then, you have to open shader packs folder.
If we talk about shaders pack, you may not know how to put shaders in Minecraft. Here, we provide you the steps that you are able to follow about how to put shaders in Minecraft.
- First, you have to get OptiFine. It should come in a .jar. You have to run the program and it will install for you. In case you are not able to open .jar folders, you are able to get Java Runtine Environment.
- After that, you have to download your shaders. Shader mods permit you to use your shaders. The things that make each and every shaders from different makers are shaderpacks.
- Now, you have to make some folders. Usually, most shaderpacks come in .zip formats. You have to make a ‘shaderpacks’ folder on .minecraft on your appdata (on Windows just put %appdata% on the file directory) and then you have to put all your shaderpacks in there.
- Here, you are able to turn it on. If you have installed OptiFine, then your Minecraft Launcher will auto-choose the correct version of the game which is the OptiFine-modified version. If not, you can choose it from the Minecraft version list on the bottom left of the launcher and then you can run the game.
- Now, you are able to go to your Options in Minecraft, Video Settings, Shaders and turn it on. Access your world and enjoy.
As you are able to see in the steps above, Shaderspack folder is created by yourself. If you have created it and then now you want to find it, you are able to go to %appdata%/.minecraft in Windows and there you will find the shaderpacks. If you are not able to find the shaders button on the Options menu, you have to make sure that you have installed OptiFine and you are using the version modified by OptiFine. You are able to switch it on the Version tab below your profile at the bottom left corner of the Minecraft Launcher.