Now, you may want to install mods on your server so that you are here to find out the way to do that. Apparently, there are some steps that you have to do to install mods on your server. Of course, there are some best Aternos mods you can install. For example, DecoCraft.
- At the first step, you have to install Forge on your server. You have to note that Forge is the server software which is necessary to load mods on your server. You will be able to find Forge on Aternos here: https://aternos.org/software/forge/. Apparently, there is an alternative to Forge called Magma. It is based on Forge and PaperMC. Besides, it supports the installation of mods and plugins together on the same server.
- The second step, you are able to start install mods on your server. For your information, Aternos has a list with lots of different mods from CurseForge. In this time, only mods listed on CurseForge is able to be installed on Aternos. If you want to get DecoCraft, so you are able to find it here: https://aternos.org/addons/a/curseforge/decocraft2.
- After that, you need to install dependencies on your server. Based on our experience, there are some mods need other mods to work. Those are named dependencies. In this case, it is possible the dependencies are listed on the Aternos mod list. However, sometimes you have to take a look at the mod descriptions for finding all dependencies. As an example mod, DecoCraft will need the installation of PTRLib to work and run.
- Now, you have to install Forge on your computer. Usually, most mods need to be installed on both, the server and the computer of every user. To install Forge on your computer, you will need to download the installer here: https://files.minecraftforge.net/. In other case, if you use Magma on the server, it means that you still use Forge on the client.
- In this step, you are able to download all mods that you have already installed on your server and then you have to put them into your mods folder, exactly inside the minecraft folder. If you want to download the mods, directly you will be able to head to the mod pages linked in the Aternos mod list.
- Afterwards, you will be able to start your Minecraft launcher. Do not forget to select the Forge profile. It is automatically made by the Forge installer (Step 4). Next, you have to start Forge on your server. To do that, please start your server here: https://aternos.org/server/.
- Now, you are able to connect to your server. We are sure that you know the way to connect your server. In this step, if you get a problem when you are connecting to your server, so you are able to read other article in our website to get a solution. Also, if you want a mod to be added to the mod list, please request it on the forums.