Do you want to upload files on Aternos? You may want to do that and some of you may want to upload the files to your server through FTP. Is it possible to do that? If it is possible, how to do that? This information is important to know so make sure that you do not miss any of them.
If you want to upload files to your server on Aternos through FTP, it is impossible to do it because we cannot access your files directly. However, you are able to upload a new world that you want to upload over the New/ Upload that you can find on the My server page. If you want to upload 2 worlds, you are able to upload the first one, then you can clone it. After that, you are able to upload the second one.
According to Support page in Aternos site, you are not able to access via FTP or upload the custom files. It is because Aternos does not offer access via FTP or the ability to upload custom files. Why does not Aternos offer this things? It is because of security reasons.
However, you are able to create a file on your server and you are also able to upload a world or file to your server with the steps that we will give you below.
Creating A File On Your Server on Aternos
If you want to create a file on your server on Aternos, here are the steps that you can follow.
- First, you have to create a file by clicking on the Files in the left side of the screen of Aternos. Then, click on the plus icon at the right side and then, you have to name of the file.
- You are able to edit and save the file by clicking on the name of the file and then you are able to edit it as you want. If you have done it, you can click on Save button at the top right of the file.
- How about deleting a file? If you want to delete the file, you just have to click on the rubbish bin icon in the right side of the name of the file. Then, there will be a confirmation message whether you want to delete it or not. Click on Yes if you are sure that you want to delete the file.
Uploading A World To Your Server on Aternos
- First of all, you have to create a zip archive of your world. Right click on the world folder and then choose Send To and click on the Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Now, you have to upload the world to your server. It is important to know that your server has to be offline. You can click on Worlds in the left side and then click on Upload. There will be some options and you have to choose the zipped world that you want to upload and click on Open.
- If the process of uploading has been done, now you have to start your server. Click on Server menu in the left side and then click on Start button.