On Aternos, you are able to add mods and plugins. You have to know that Aternos has a list with lots of mods from CurseForge. For now, only mods listed on CurseForge which can be installed on Aternos. You will be able to find all mods here; https://aternos.org/addons/.
HOW TO ADD/INSTALL MODS
- Firstly, you will need to install Forge on your server. You have to remember that Forge is a server software which is necessary to load mods on your server. In this case, you are able to find Forge on Aternos by clicking this link; https://aternos.org/software/forge/. Aside from that, there is an alternative to Forge named Magma. It is based on Forge and PaperMC. It also supports the installation of mods and plugins together on the same server.
- After that, you can start install mods on your server. As we said before that Aternos has a list with lots of mods from CurseForge. For now, only mods listed on CurseForge which can be installed on Aternos. One of examples is DecoCraft. If you want to find DecoCraft mod, so you can click this link; https://aternos.org/addons/a/curseforge/decocraft2.
- Now, you will need to install dependencies on your server. Apparently, there are some mods need other mods to work. Those are called Dependencies. it is possible the dependencies are listed on the Aternos mod list. But, sometimes you will need to take a look at the mod descriptions for finding all those dependencies. For an example mod, DecoCraft will need the installation of PTRLib to work and run.
- The next step that you have to do is to install Forge on your computer. Generally, most mods need to be installed on both, the server and the computer of every user. To install Forge on your computer, you are going to need to download the installer by clicking this link; https://files.minecraftforge.net/. In other case, if you use Magma on the server, so you still use Forge on the client.
- In this step, you have to download all mods that you have already installed on your server. Then, you have to put them into your mods folder, exactly inside the folder of Minecraft. If you want to download the mods, directly you are able to head to the mod pages linked in the Aternos mod list.
- Afterwards, you are able to start your Minecraft launcher. Please do not forget to choose the Forge profile. It is automatically made by the Forge installer. Next, you need to start Forge on your server. To do that, please start your server on Aternos.
- The last, you will be able to connect to your server. If you get an issue when you are connecting to your server, so you are able to ask a help. Or you are able to read other article in our website to get a solution. Besides, if you want a mod to be added to the mod list, just request it on the forums.